Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for MF50A hydraulic steering part

jeff birkle ยท 2025-07-24 18:32

Hi All. I split this part when starting my MF50A in winter and looking for a new or used part so I dont have to make it. Does anyone know where there might be one located? It is the end cap with 1 hose fitting that goes onto the power steering control valve assembly under the dash.

Replies8
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-07-25 00:53

    You could try an ** Ag dealer. It might be used on an Ag tractor with the same engine. The engine is a Perkins AD4-203. It was used in the very popular MF165 and early 255/265 tractors as well as several industrial models like the MF30 and MF40B. A dealer may have a parts book to get a part number. Maybe a good hydraulic or steering shop could match it? It may be a somewhat common adapter.

  2. #2stinky642025-07-25 10:26

    Sourcing that part may not be the end of your problems. The system had to be polluted with water to freeze like that, did you check all other components for damage?

  3. #3jeff birkle2025-07-28 18:32

    Hi Dave. I checked with ** AG dealer and they said it was obsolete. Thanks, That appears to be the only blow up that I can see without putting pressure in the system to check for any other problems.

  4. #4JaredV2025-07-28 22:26

    Can you find any part numbers on it to try an Internet search?

  5. #5JBrady2025-07-30 12:32

    I have had pretty good luck with Yesterday's Tractor: https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/...Ferguson&&md=50A&cat=Hydraulic System&r=mcats I just looked real quick and I didn't see that part, but they have an option for a Eaton pump upgrade, which might work for you. Or like Welder Dave said above, try to cross it over to one of the Ag tractors. My MF30B shares almost all the same parts as the 245, except unfortunately for you, the steering system.

  6. #6jeff birkle2025-08-05 09:39

    Thanks, I havent been able to find a full parts list but my local ** dealer sent me this schematic. I am looking at some options and enquiring about a newer unit out of something different.

  7. #7Welder Dave2025-08-05 17:11

    Is the broken part aluminum or steel? It looks like aluminum. If so probably wouldn't be too expensive to have a new one made. With the latest technology and CNC machines I doubt it take more than a couple hours. Even at $1000 it would be better than trying to jerry rig something else.

  8. #8jeff birkle2025-09-02 22:09

    It is aluminum. I still have access to my old machine shop but didnt want to spend 3 hours making one. LOL