i have a Bobcat t190 and am in need of new tracks. Can anyone give me any advice on what they like for tread patterns. Have looked at the zig zag and original c pattern, i use it in many differant types of conditions from wet mud conditions to pushing gravel and doing top soil landscaping. Vibration seems to be an issue with the oem tracks and dont know if that is common for all tracks or not
the t190 was always a rough riding machine because of the short "wheelbase". most aftermarket tracks i've seen installed only seem to make it worse, especially after they get worn. we used to sell aftermarket tracks, but after multiple complaints of cracks and splits, and trying to get the manufacturer to warranty them, we wont sell OR install them anymore. the zig zag pattern tracks dont seem to do well in sticky mud. :drinkup :drinkup
I've been running the prowler AT tracks doin the same kinda stuff and love them
Hello Sir, Yeah, with the OEM tracks they tend to vibrate (CAT 289c) when turning on asphalt or pavement, it even slows down the machine a substantial amount. I believe it grips the asphalt too much to provide sufficient travel speed, however I use my machine mainly on slopes and in mud so this is fine. (I am not trying to advertise) But http://www.prowlertracks.com/ctl-rubber-tracks/#ctltread that link tells you the uses of each pattern of track and sells thoes modles. Maybe the AT- Multi Bar would be good for you... All The Best, ReligiouslyCat
i looked at prowers site and liked what i saw there. You like the AT version. Are they a good all year round track that would be good in our Canadian winter also. Do they seem to be a good mud tread ? Does anyone else out there run these and are they fairly long lasting. Thankyou for the help guys
Hello there fellow SK T190 owner.. NICE weather we are having now, isn't it!!?? I am likely to try these Camoplast SD tracks out next on my T190 fairly soon (going to keep the OEM C-tracks for Crappy-Rock and Concrete work in summer) _ The HXD are supposed to wear much longer, but just like tires, they are Harder Compound and NOT as good on Snow-Ice for sure, likely similar to OEM ones!! http://www.camoplastsolideal.com/co...t/399-t-190-(compact-track-loader)check-width They are supposedly MUCH better in Snow-Ice, and rated for ~1200hrs under normal usage ** and hoping for all of that if I keep the originals for crap work, as I say above ~ works out to $1.60 to $2/hr or so if true (depending upon 12.5" or the 15.75" Width) ~ I cannot argue that.. I am going to being using mine in Snow/Ice for the first time this winter, and know the OEM ones are not great.. at all!! Here is some 'propaganda clips' to watch as well.. Ha!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQblZtLrYUQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGKC_4zdg0g This is the info for the dealers in S'toon if interested in at all _ Mike seemed like a good knowledgeable guy when I contacted him a few weeks ago: Mike Halvorson Branch Manager TC Industrial Tire Saskatoon [email protected] 1.855.238.4684 C306.380.4586
Thanks bobcan for the info i am emailing mike in toontown tonight. Does anyone know if you can put the wider tracks on my T190 if i had the narrower ones from factory and are they worth it to put on.
You are quite welcome, and ^ I know that you can if you want/need them_ recommended IF you have flotation issues, mud, etc.. Cost difference is about $380 up here for the SD (softer) tracks if warranted to step up in width ** not sure these price will differ with our CAN $ vs USD, but should be close!! SD3208649BBE 12.5” WIDE $968.89 - IN STOCK IN SASKATOON SD4008649BBE 15.75” WIDE $1348.44 - ETA 2 WEEKS
That doesnt seem to bad a price as i was pricing dyna tracks and they are 787. Plus shipping out of Vancover and are a chinese track
^ Yup ^ Exactly my thoughts.. definitely NOT outta line $$ wise I figure, and they 'have a track record' so to speak.. Ha!! Please Update here if and when you decide to do something.. I am hoping in 2-3 weeks I may do the deal too.. Good luck!!
AND, I thought this was a great video clip of How-to Remove and Replace ** and I would make sure to check closely your Drive Sprockets, if worn enough you will surely be wounding a new Track ** and DO change the 'seemingly over priced, high pressure, super special Bobcat oil' in the Drive Motor outer bearing as well (I bought a Service Manual to learn all that I could), since you need to remove the Sprocket to do so anyway, and you are part way there then!!
If your after a good smooth ride have a look at McLaren next-gen
hmearth: I did see/peruse info on the McLaren stuff a while ago too, just didn't get any direct feedback from any Users or find locally easily Have you used/do you use any of these tracks shown..?? _ they surely DO make a lot of pieces that fit a T190 as well.. Wow!! http://www.mclarenindustries.com/ca/en/product-catalog/bobcat/t190/3998/74991/0/0/0/
Hi bobcan yeh I've ha a couple sets of the McLaren next gen at first I thought they were no good but since found out it was my undercarriage causing the problem there a smooth track not like the camoplast xhp track and there good to deal with on warranty issues and would not hesitat buy another set. and you do get what you pay for they costed $3600 the set
Ahhhh.. Indeed 'hmearth' ~ ^ I did just notice that you are in Australia though, and likely NOT going to be using your machine in weather as we are discussing above for Snow Removal ** was -20ºC outside here earlier _ quite likely machine will be used in -30ºC [-22ºF] a few times this winter.. Yay, sounds fun indeed, doesn't it..?? Ha!! However, I would definitely like to know more about the McLaren tracks, and esp models for cold weather Snow/Ice usage though _ and I have NEVER been afraid to pay for 'better parts' if they prove to be that, and actually did send a Quote Request to McLaren about 4 hrs ago _ So I will see what pops up in the future from them, and if there even is a Local Rep (which I am hoping) so that I can see some of their pieces/ get reports from local snow removal users perhaps!! Thanks 'hmearth' for the info and insight, much appreciated as always, and I am happy to learn and get feedback from folks here as it is the BEST way to learn that I know.. Take care, I shall 'report back' on any and all info that seems useful accordingly!!
I've been in mud almost cab deep and snow cab deep as well with no issues with the prowler tracks. Wear is awesome and price can't be beat.
I just had to get some new tracks for my tl150. Here is a link to the thread with the info I found out. Heavyequip in FL had the best price.
Well i have purchased a set of Camoplast SD tracks and they look like very well put together so i guess we will see how they pan out once i get them on. There is a dealer close by so if i have issues hopefully it will be easier to deal with buying from a longer distant supplier. Thankyou to all that contributed to helping find a good alternative to purchasing from Bobcat dealer:cool2
Happy to hear back 'dodgedad' _ and I DO hope they are 'as good as they seem' _ I suppose they may be a bit softer compound, to allow better winter Snow-Ice usage, but as I said, I do not mind the twice a year removal/swap if using it enough in rough terrain to warrant, and it helps me to remember to do the Special Oil Change in the outer drives as well.. Let us know how they do for you in the snow please!!
Well so far so good with new tracks. It was good to watch others that had put new tracks on and using pins on the track to quide it over the front idler worked like a dream. Taking out the grease zerk and then wrapping nylon sling around track and putting come along on bar at door and then lift track up till the front idler is pushed all the way in, i just used white wipes in at the zerk area to collect grease as i lifted with come along. I was able to do both tracks by myself in less than a day with not alot of pain.
^ That sounds about as good as it could be, and what I am hoping for as well!! ** Did you happen to do the 'Super Special Drive/Bearing Oil' at same time, and or did you need Sprockets at all..?? I am quite sure our original tracks (and sprockets) will be kept for Demolition/Concrete/Rock work, and will go back on in Summer as such, if needed _ but, if I don't put new sprockets on with new tracks, I am quite sure they would wear the track teeth FAR too quickly, unfortunately.. Thanks for the Update, please let us know how they work in Snow and Ice too, once you get some hours on them!!