Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 722 Skidsteer with low charge pressure

Chandler ยท 2014-11-11 19:33

Greetings, I'm working with a much used Bobcat 722. I've had some problems with it so I am using the troubleshooting chart to go through possible solutions. I got to the vane pump and something doesn't look right to me. The shaft that spins the vane pump rotor only goes halfway through the rotor. On the opposite side of the rotor is a housing with what appears to be a bronze bushing. Nothing is supported by this bronze bushing. Is anyone familiar with these vane pumps and can tell me if this is correct or not? Maybe this is supposed to be a 2 piece shaft? bobcatpartsonline.com shows a shaft but the picture isn't good enough to tell much.

Replies3
  1. #1mikebramel2014-11-12 19:37

    Yes, the shaft should protrude from the rotor, through the rear support bushing. What pump? a Vickers V5?

  2. #2Chandler2014-11-12 20:02

    I'm not sure of the pump. I can find out tomorrow evening. Do you know if replacement shafts are available? I tried loader parts source but they didn't have it. Guy on the phone thought there was 2 shafts. One for the vane pump and one for the rotating group. I must not have explained it to him well because they are supposed to be the place to go for hard to find parts.

  3. #3Chandler2014-11-12 20:36

    Here's a picture of the pumps in the machine