I have been seaching the forum for pages or threads on people owning and using the the Mitsubishi Dozer BD2 G/H/j. As their are about 60 pages Page on the Komutsu D20 - D21, this thread has heaps of stuff and advice Cheers Wheelybin.
I own a BD2J. Nice lottle dozer if it is used for what it was intende for. Mine has the 8 way blade. The only one I have ever seen. Makes it nice when doing finishing work and you need to get a little closer, just shift the blade over. Keep me posted on how you like it as like you said, there are alot of Komatsu's but not many Mits.
Hi John, Do you have any pics of your side-shift blade at work? I think the later Gs were able to have the 8-Way blade also. WheelyBin, Stay in touch if you need Mitsubishi info. We should try to get a separate Mitsubishi thread going.
Re: Mitsubishi Pages Hi Jim, Yes that would be a good idear, we might have to contact some of the people that have already submited questions and/or ask for information on the Mitsubishi's, to get them to contact our new page in furture, for future ref on the mitsubishi's, We may also have to send a e-mail to the heavy equipment forum guy (Boss) to make it happen, and/or what we have to do to get the page of the ground. Unless you know how to do it jim, As I don't. Cheers Wheelybin P.S Was in pakenham to day with a mate of mine looking at dog trailer for the Frigthliner, I think you live down that way or near by.
You can start a New Thread while in the Topics section. The Button for posting is at the top left side. That is if you have reached the amount of posts level to do so. I believe that is 3 posts.
Hi Wheelybin, I suppose the hardest thing is to get enough activity to keep a Mitsubishi thread relevant ,like the Komatsu D21 thread. BTW,I live in Central Vic. Matt, How is your Furukawa going? Jim
Haven't flushed the case yet because it has been too cold in my part of the World. Was pleased to get some steering back after draining it though. Saw your pictures of the work you are doing on yours. Thanks for posting them.
Jim: I dont have any pictures, but it is like the one you posted. I think the Mitsubishi is better than the Komatsu. It has a 3 speed and I thing the Komatsu has a 2. I think they have a better engine and are designed better. The one big drawback is the parts and getting information. There is a fellow that responds to the Komatsu site and I think his name is Darwin (probably spelled wrong) I believe he is from N.Y and sells both. He was able to get me a manuel when Rhine equip couldnt. You just dont run down to Wal-Mart and get parts for these things.
Matt, I would imagine your bevel & steering are similar to my Mitsubishi. I'm figure that you could repair your machine ,with time being the main factor. You can save huge $$$ by DIY. If you have had a decade of reliability out of your Furukawa,a little steering repair is gonna ensure a lot more time for you.Do it before something stuffs up....& take notes/photos on your way in. Your other option is to sell her & get into an IH,Case,etc. But they all have their problems.At least you know your machine very well. John, If you ever get some working pics of that blade,please post them. I know about the lack of spares ,but these machines are worth the persistence.I have oftem made parts up @ a fraction of OEM dealer prices. Darin is a great help on the Komatsu thread,with advice & parts. It would be nice to hear from other BD2/BS3 owners. Jim
Re: Mitsubishi links Hi Jim. We should be able keep the pages reverlante (I think that we will get more hits on the page than you think), Any way some time back, in one of your replys to some ones request for information, you had some contact/s with people that had machines for sale across the water bali/indoneasa areas l think, Have you heard of CQ Dozer Service in QLD jim as they have machine that they buy in clean up sand blast paint and resell with warranty the photo that l have posted is one of their machine that they have done up with rippers & stick rake but no four post ROPS with sweeps or screens they all so sell filters track parts as well they do have a web site with some photo on a slide show other than that e-bay some bloke in the USA is selling track parts cheep As l don;t see much out here for place to sell parts l Have up loaded two picture of Mitsubishis BD2/G & H the one with the ripper in the photo is the G model, the other is the H model, l am going to modifi the whole rear rippers system to suit my self by putting a hydrolic ram to sliding the centre ripper arm up and down And leave the outer ripping tyne the way they are, (Manual) so l can ripp to a depth of about 700mm deep, Q/ can extra hydrolic levers be added to the mits system, so that each operation has its own lever rather than have a switch to block/activate another then have the mounts, to carry the mounder as well, then get started on the ROPS with a four post ROPS made with sweeps ( see photo in D20/21 page 7or8 ?) The photo of the BD2 H is to show you how QC Dozer sevice prep the machine for sale l do not want to build a ROPS like that. But more like in the thread on the D20/21 Q/ The engines are they out of their mitsubishi light trucks or not By the way l am leaving to day to go camping and canoing for five day at Eildon, Any message will respond to then. Cheers for now Wheelybin PS They should have a spell checker on this forum. As it would help me out some time.
Sweet little machine with the rippers and the dozer rake. Gets the "I want it" feelings going. If you run Firefox browser it has a built in spell checker.
Hi Wheelybin, Yeah,CQ do a nice job on those machines.The ripper makes them very versatile...an invaluable attachment on a small dozer. Depending on your needs & spending ability,I know of a couple of Komatsu & Mitsubishi that are available for half the cost of the unit shown. With regard to the hydraulics,almost anything can be done to add another lever,although I'd imagine the diverter system has less space requirement. If you want to run a 700mm ripper,you will need to go to a heavier machine,depending on soil condition.The usual thing is to remove the outer 2 tines (or flip them upside down if possible),then do your centre ripping. Use as thin a tine as possible.In reality,a 4 Tonne dozer should only have short "scarifier" tines on it,for breaking clay to,say,8 inches.(200mm) The S4E engine were used in the F & G series & I think the S4E-2 was used in later dozers.The 4DQ was used in earlier machines.I think these engines were used in Forklifts & maybe other applications like W4 Case loaders & Furukawa CD5 Dozers...but I would think the Canter trucks had their own engine designations. I don't claim to be an expert on the Mitsy machines,just an enthusiast. I think you should call me to have a chat,before you buy... Jim
Anyone own a BD2F/BS3F with DPS Transmission? I'm trying to determine the length of the dipsticks in the Transmission & Transfer cases. Both of mine are not original & may be wrong length. Thanks in advance, Jim
Let the firefox (Ripper Deep) Hi Matt, Thanks you for the ups on the Firefox, Will set about getting up and running. glade you like the photos of the Mitsubishi when l have set mine up will post a short vid of it in action doing it's thing. Dozin Cheers Wheelybin.
Re hone contact Hi Jim, Will contact you soon have some questions for you. Cheers Wheelybin.
Re: Questions Mitsubishi Hi Jim, Home from Holiday Can you get wider shoes for the mitsubishi? Q/ Who else sells Mitsubihi parts in Aust Q/ The S4E-2 engine is that used in the H & J Models Q/ The S4E-2 engine is that used in forklift Q/ The Furukawa CD5 Dozers are they the same as the Hitachi Dozers are they any good (Don't take it the wrong way Matt) Q/ Are All the bearings are they off the shelf stuff Q/ Hydraulic are they off the shelf stuff Q/ On the other side would it be easyer to use a 12 volt hydrolic power unit than tapping in to mitsubishi own Hydraulic's Q/ Track gear - Shoes, Front idelers - drive spockets- Chain any idears If any body has any help they are more than well come to comment. Thats all for the moment Cheers Wheelybin JimInOz;206854]I'm trying to determine the length of the dipsticks in the Transmission & Transfer cases. Both of mine are not original & may be wrong length. Thanks in advance, Jim[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE] Here in the states I see a Farukawa show up every once in a while on E-Bay. I called Hatchi dealer and they would'nt even talk to me. To my understanding they are the same. Parts to my knowledge are non existant. Or have to locate a source of supply outside the U.S. Probably filters, belts, hoses, bearings and that source probably could be found. But if you needed transmission parts ?????
It is my understanding the Hitachi took over Furukawa. As John White says parts are very hard to impossible to come by though there are some sources. Mostly it is finding the match since most of the components for these small Gray market dozers are the same. As for is the Furukawa Dozer any good? That is subjective but I have had good use from mine. Usually because of the unknown name and parts difficulty Furukawa dozers sell for lower than the others. So if you find one that has life left to it, just think of it as whether the value of the work it does exceeds the cost of the machine. For instance, lets say you pay $9000 for one that runs well. If you value operating hours at $30/hr it will take 300 hrs to amortize the cost. More hours will start to make you money. Ther is a Furukawa Topic I started elsewhere on this Forum for information gleaned on them.
Re:Furukawa/Hatchi Hi Fellers, Thanks for the tips, At this stag will only be lookig at the Mitsubishi and Komutsu D21, Have been driving a Mitsubishi BD2-G same as the photo that l posted (3) speed power shift and rippers l am very impressed by what she will push and do, l have had no time on a Komutsu as of yet. had a Look at the D21 that is for sale in the for sale section of Heary Equipment forum seems cheep at $16,000.00 US but no ripper not sure if they have the mounting points for the ripper system, But part are avaliable for the Komutsu in the states any way, will Have to have a look here in Australia for parts. Also l beleave that the Mitsubishi are made in the Cat factory in Japan so are they Caterpillar or not Cheers for now Wheelybin. Furukawa. As John White says parts are very hard to impossible to come by though there are some sources. Mostly it is finding the match since most of the components for these small Gray market dozers are the same. As for is the Furukawa Dozer any good? That is subjective but I have had good use from mine. Usually because of the unknown name and parts difficulty Furukawa dozers sell for lower than the others. So if you find one that has life left to it, just think of it as whether the value of the work it does exceeds the cost of the machine. For instance, lets say you pay $9000 for one that runs well. If you value operating hours at $30/hr it will take 300 hrs to amortize the cost. More hours will start to make you money. Ther is a Furukawa Topic I started elsewhere on this Forum for information gleaned on them.[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE] HI fellas, I think I have those dipstick measurements I needed...found a bloke in Oz with same machine. Wheelybin, There are a few Mitsy & Komatsu dozers available here,for reasonable money. When you start importing gear into this country,the stringent cleaning standards can soon run you into a $3K bill,or worse.The Customs website shows the cleaning requirements on a Hitachi dozer . Here's some answers to your questions. 1..Often,the grey machines arrive with apex swamp plates.Standard shoes are available (aftermarket & OEM.) 2..Any Mitsubishi agent can order parts for you,if you give them the part numbers. 3..The S4S-E1 engine was used in the J series machines. I think the S4E-2 was in the H,but not sure. 4..I think some of the Mits. forks had 4DQ & S4E engines. 5..The Furukawa CD5/CT5 machines & the Hitachi DX40 machines are quite different,but run same undercarriage. The FD45s have smaller undercarriage. 6...I just bought 2 $12 seals from my local bearing supplier,to replace the mitsubishi BS3 bevel seals.OEM price was $30 & freight. 7...hydraulics....any good supplier should be able to get you out of trouble.Pumps are available aftermarket. 8...Unsure. 9..Aftermarket are available ,as well as OEM. I may be making an order later this year.Sprockets are usually re-rimmed. With regards to Cat & Mitsubishi...there has been a long term agreement,where Mitsubishi made crawlers for Cat via Shin Cat Mitsubishi. Currently,Mits dozers are no longer made & Cat runs the warehousing dept for MHI. The BD2/BS3 were purely MHI machines,made for local markets. There's lots of info on the net about this. Hope that helps. Jim
Hello everyone, just joined this forum today because i see that everyone's having questions about the mitsubishi and komatsu dozers. We are a heavy equipment and parts sales company in east texas. We primarily sell parts for the smaller dozers but we can get parts for just about anything with our 2 parts locator systems. Send us a message if you have any questions or need parts for your equipment. Thank you, kent baugh equipment 2596 fm 250 n. Hughes springs tx, 75656 office: 903-639-2765 cell: 903-399-8738 fax: 903-639-4821
G'day Guys, Don't know if you guys are still active as its been a while since any new post been put up. I'm taking delivery of a 2002 BD2J Wednesday coming and being in central west NSW not a lot of support out here for small dozers. Hope to have a yarn with you guys for advise on this machine, I have seen the CQ dealership page, but purchased my machine as a grey import through AMM, didn't bother with rippers just see how it goes. Looking forward to any experience from fellow Mitsi owners as mot a lot around compared to the D20 21 owners. Bruce
I have a BD2J and love it. I think it is better than a Komatsu but service and parts can be hard to come by. Havent had any trouble with mine except a blown tail light bulb and had a very hard time finding one as it is a 24 volt. I am going out on a job tomorrow. Should be a 2 day job. I try and not take on any bigger jobs than that as I tell the customer if he has alot of dirt to move it is more efficent and cheaper to hire some one with a larger dozer even though it may cost 3 times as much. (besides I dont want to wear my baby out).
That's the silly questions I've been asking and the machine arrives tomorrow.....What voltage is it 12 / 24 Volt...I know now thats it's 24 Volt....What is the fuel tank capacity....Does it have selt belts...The dealer is sending down a service manual, and luckly I picked out that the front work lights had been removed to fit the ROPS frame and they are reinstalling new lights. It would have been a shame if machine arrived and just the little things missing for a new owner to pick out. Like anything the little machine is designed for its job, it certainly not a D6 Looking forward to finding out more John I got a very pleasant phone call returned from JiminOz he's in Victoria about 1000kms away but thoughly enjoyed talking and learning his experience with this littlies.
Mine came with a canaopy also. I took two square tubes and made brackets and mounted them where the headlights were mounted and remounted lights. Mine did not come with a seat belt but I installed one after driving over a small hump and dozer pitching forward and me too and knee hitting the key and brakeing it off. Now I wear my belt when even loading or unloading it. Dont know the size of the tank, probably 7-8 gal, pretty fuel efficent. I've had two tractors with Mitsubishi engines and they never gave me any problems. I just wish Cat would carry some parts or make them available. I think the importation of them are sort of drying up as I dont see near as many listed on E-Bay as I did a few years back. Mine has the eight way blade, which I love for the type of work I do. Just wish it had a 3 point hitch or ripper.
Gave a lot of thought to a ripper set, about $4000 fitted out here. I was really surprised when you look at a lot of machines, just how many don't have rippers fitted. I thought I'd see how I'd go without first then put a set on if I really find the need. A few have said the extra weight would help and depending on environment and soil, I am in a basalt , sandstone area. Been looking at another topic in here about sufficient work lights on machines and with the availability now of HID lights makes it a lot easier.
I stumbled across this thread on another forum and to follow this story through is brillant, to see the learning curve and experience gained, besides the photos of a brillant workshop with great toys.... http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/construction-equipment/99717-komatsu-d20a-6-a.html Little additions like ammo boxes for tools, the Hayman Reece hitch on the rear for towing trailers, extra hydraulic contols for a tipping trailer etc....
Found this service manual for an S4E2 engine, Mitsubishi BD2G/BD3G tractors. http://home.comcast.net/~tdepooter/BD2G BS3G Service Manual OCR.pdf JCS
Machine arrived emotions of delight and disappointment, great little machine but pity no instruments work, hope something silly, dealer has assured me they were working when machine left yard, No enginge temp, no fuel gauge, no lights working, a bit of a disappointment , otherwise a great machine ....Looking to play soon.
Bruce, I had a BD2H with 8 way blade. I actually imported it with CQ dozers. Kev is a mate whom I have known for nearly 30 years. We went to Japan and selected 4 units which we fitted into a 40ft sea container. His wealth of knowledge on the mitsi is invaluable plus he will carry most of the parts needed for them as well. I seem to remember that the fuel tank was around 45lt. Just watch when your grading as if you hit a stump with the corner tip at speed you can and most likely will blow the hydraulic hose for the angle ram. No great deal and easy to fix. There was an electric fuel pump under the left hand foot plate that also had a small filter in it. If you find the machine starving for fuel it can be this little prefilter. Mine had all the blade function controls on the one lever and then when the ripper was fitted a electric diverter valve was installed and it worked off the tilt function of the blade. I didn't do that many(maybe 250) hours on it before selling it but it never gave any trouble. Just keep the grease up to the blade pivot points and keep the side shift slide clear of mud and debris. Be careful as the engine belly guard is made out of only light gauge metal. If it starts to get hot blow the radiator out, keep the fan belt tensioned and clean the air filters. They are not power shift with torque converter but a series of clutches that activate when you engage the gear selected. It is my belief that these units were superior to Komatsu and punched well above their weight. I'm sure you will a lot of fun and production out of it. Firetrack
Hi, I am looking for drawing of BD2G and D20A universal joint? Can anyone help me?