Greetings, I'm trying to repair a "no start" issue with my 2006 TL-130 I appreciate it if someone could send me a PDF service/repair manual.
Service manual is vague, at best, for your issue. I'll see if I can find you a schematic. In the meantime, Describe the issue well. At key on, do all lights but 2 go out? When cranking, does it want to start, then die when the key is release from crank? Does it run for 5 seconds, then stall? Is there exhaust smoke when cranking? I'll go into more detail when you come back with more information.
Thank you sir, I won't be able to work on this machine until the weekend. I will then have time to explain what I have done, the results and ask what is next.
Common failure points. Relay solder on the detector relays...start but stall in 5 seconds. Stop relay hold coil...shuts off as soon as key is released from crank. Stop relay pull-in coil...no exhaust smoke, no start. To easily verify if the issue is electrical, using a metric allen wrench, remove the Stop solenoid (don't lose the Oring). Start machine. If it's electrical, the machine will start (oil out of solenoid hole will be next to zero, at idle. To stop engine, either set solenoid back in place, or depress internal lever with your finger.
I am currently diagnosing the no start. So far it appears that the Stop relay will not release. Machine cranks, no smoke and the two lights on the panel (Battery and oil/water level) are lit. No other lights. Interestingly, I disconnected the safety bar relay (solenoid c) and the machine started. We then jumped the safety bar switch and reinstalled the Safety Bar Relay and the machine started. We then built a permanent jump wire for the safety switch (soldered the wires together) and then in our attempt to start machine, it would not. It appears the problem is intermittent. I have replaced the coolant level sender (and grounded also) and now wondering what is next? We are going to try to ground the oil pressure sensor but I wonder if you have any other ides?
Are we chasing a control problem, a solenoid problem, or a mechanical problem? To rule out all electrical, simply dismount the stop solenoid, as stated above. Does it start? If yes, while the solenoid is out, turn the key only to RUN, and fully depress the solenoid plunger. It should stay in until the key is set to OFF. If yes, with the solenoid still out, key in run, momentarily apply 12v to the white wire, and let go. The plunger should pull in and stay, until the key is set to OFF. Those steps will verify engine mechanical and solenoid condition. Next, we'll watch the white wire for voltage only while cranking...depending on what you verify above.
Ok, we found out that the white wire had no voltage. We wired it to the starter selenoid and it starts and stops. I'm ok with the bypass, it is a retired machine that I use as my wheel borrow around the homestead. Thank you for the assistance, I appreciate it.