Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for service truck

nowing75 · 2022-10-20 21:47

We are looking at adding another service truck but not much out there. Looking for kw or Pete,14’ bed with 12k crane. Would like new but was told if I order now could be close to a year before I see it. Any one know of a gentle used one? Kind of like the fetrel bed but would like to see what’s out there. Thanks Jason

Replies12
  1. #1John C.2022-10-21 10:07

    A gentle "used" service truck????

  2. #2Truck Shop2022-10-21 11:46

    Only ones I know of had the guts run out of them.

  3. #392U 34062022-10-21 14:27

    Prices are stupid high right now. Bagged out POS trucks are still going for $40k.

  4. #4Junkyard2022-10-21 15:01

    Scott Macon Eq had a couple Pete’s for sale a few weeks ago. I don’t know if they still have them or not. They were on their website. A couple years old, low miles. I doubt they have a 12k crane. I don’t recall all the details.

  5. #592U 34062022-10-21 23:20

    I was just browsing the classifieds. $60k gets you a mid 2000s F550 with 400k on the clock.

  6. #6crane operator2022-10-22 09:22

    Yeah, but that's in looney monopoly money. He's buying with real dollars.

  7. #7Old Doug2022-10-22 09:29

    If you had time or you could hire it done . Beds dont seem to be worth any thing and i have saw several cranes cheap. The truck may be a deal. If service trucks are crazy high maybe a guy could build some?

  8. #8Mike L2022-10-22 09:50

    Last week I called qt equipment in Akron looking at pricing and availability on a new kenworth with a 14’ IMT. Roughly 1 year out and $250k. A miller enpak will add $24k to the unit. There is some stuff on truck paper but I don’t believe they actually have the trucks. I think they’re just looking for your deposit until it comes in.

  9. #992U 34062022-10-22 11:04

    True. Still a lot of money for what you're getting. New Ram 5500s and F-550s are pushing a quarter mill in funny money. A single axle KW/Pete/WS/etc is north of $350k these days.

  10. #10JLarson2022-10-22 11:39

    We've been looking too, stupid right now. I'll probably get another used truck and find a crane and stuff separate and build it ourselves.

  11. #11nowing752022-10-31 11:54

    Ya seams to be the trend on truck paper. Every one i call has no inventory on the ground. They wanted me to get it by the end of year but looks like that's not happening.

  12. #12Mike L2022-10-31 20:07

    Just heard today there is a new peterbilt 337 with a 14’ maintainer in maine at whited peterbilt. Guy ordered it and didn’t take it. $289k