Good morning Gentlemen, My new to me 1979 Case 580C has this hydraulic thumb on it. We are trying to find any info on it. Cant seem to find out if this is an aftermarket add-on or as an attachment from Case. The only "name" if you will is on a warning sticker next to the foot pedal which say when using the "E-Z grip" bla bla bla. Looking for instruction on how to bleed the system and what to use for fluid in it. Thanks Ken Foot pedal thumb hydraulic valve on dipper boom
It looks like a Werk Brau thumb but could be home made as well. Why do you need to know who made it, is it in need of repair or you just want to know? I'm sure someone will come along here that knows for sure.
Thanks Tags, No its is not in need of repair, just want to change the fluid in it and was told to use brake fluid? I would think it needs hydraulic fluid. Ill try contacting Werk Brau and see if it is one of theirs! I'll keep you posted how I make out.
That is a Werk Brau Easygrip thumb. I have put a lot of them on Case backhoes over the years. The master cylinder that runs the diverter valve takes DOT3 brake fluid. There is a bleed screw just below the line going into the slave cylinder. Have someone pump up the pedal and then crack the bleeder, just like bleeding brakes on a car or truck
THANKS Goose! Thats the info I was looking for!!! :drinkup