Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for some parts help for my 1978 White Freightliner Cabover

Blaster ยท 2014-01-31 13:26

I'm looking for a roof light cover on my truck. I had it parked next to the barn and thought I would clean some snow of the cab while doing the barn roof. I see this morning when I started it up and after it melting that I broke one of those orange light covers. The lads at Freightliner in Truro are a great help finding parts so they are looking but I thought i'd try here to. Al

Replies10
  1. #1Old Doug2014-01-31 13:48

    I scraped one last winter and saved some stuff. Are the lights all the same or did they use several diffrent ones?

  2. #2Former Wrench2014-01-31 16:40

    Try Miller Truck or Anderson in Portland OR. They deal in older stuff.

  3. #3heymccall2014-01-31 17:25

    A picture would go a long ways

  4. #4Blaster2014-02-01 07:48

    I hope this shows a picture.

  5. #5Blaster2014-02-01 07:50

    If this is called a pedestal light the Freightliner dealer in Truro has found one in Memphis.

  6. #6bushcat2014-02-01 10:54

    You could also search ebay

  7. #7Markat4252014-02-01 11:34

    That style of lens is called "Beehive".. They are available many places aftermarket, much cheaper than from Freightliner.

  8. #8Blaster2014-02-02 05:08

    Thank you for all your help

  9. #9turbo642014-11-13 19:59

    Those are peterbilt lights. Maybe someone put them on your freightliner but they belong on a peterbilt.

  10. #10turbo642014-11-14 13:15

    They are called bullet marker lights.