Have a Fiat-Allis 8B that is in need of track chain,rollers ,drive sprocket on one side. S/N 003279 . It has berco 1679 molded in to drive sprocket, also in chain on good side. Every one we contact in USA says no parts available. Fellow in AU says he can get them and ship. Just curious if I have overlooked a source here in the states.
Have you tried Heavyquip in Memphis? Here’s their number if want to give them a shout (901)396-7071
Yes I have. Thank you.
Industrial tractor parts. Look them up online....I believe their headquarters is in New York.
ITP had nothing.
Sounds like the undercarriage specialists are not going to be any help. Maybe you need to find an importer or some such thing. Our suppliers also import Vapormatic parts from Europe, so maybe there is a connection there. Shipping directly would have to be more cost effective than via OZ.
ITR is another manufacturer that is worth a try.
Trek is another.
ITR is one of the brands that John, (ridenby’s contact here) imports. I once rang the ITR branch in Brisbane to get a quote for rollers for our 14 and the salesman just laughed at me and said they were discontinued years ago, yet John had shelves full of them.
speaking of Fiat dozers... i hear Some new hollands are fiat? DC70 in particular? I am trying to source some sprockets and chains for one.
I am not sure about Southern Tractor of Florida USA, their website claims to supply new parts including Fiat Allis. I have a Fiat Allis 10C and have found the three Australian companies listed below very helpful in supplying parts, which they source from Italy no trouble. They also distribute worldwide, according to their websites. Southern Tractor Service and Salvage 1305 US HWY 17/92 S Davenport, Florida 33837 Toll Free: (877) 672-5824 Phone: (863) 419-0191 Fax: (863) 422 9598 South Burnett Tractor Parts Phone: +61 (7) 4164 2000 https://www.tractorspareparts.com.au GW Tractors Phone: +61 (7) 3209 4100 https://www.gwtractors.com.au Phil Hunt Parts Brendan Hunt Proprietor Phone: +61(2) 6762 4466 Mobile: +61 0429 624 144 https://www.philhuntparts.com.au
Hate to say it but dealt with this time and again, the obsolescence wienies have all but shut off importing pieces to save older FA machines, seems can order from Italy or AU and get the materials sent in to a dealer site but the dealers cannot order them where freight cost becomes the big concern. They are working to retire these old machines in a Hard Way.
Another potential source in the US could be American Crane and Tractor. https://www.actparts.com/ Apparently they have a strategic alliance with Italian company GB Ricambi/ CGR Ghinhassi, whose logo they display on their website and vice versa.
Ridenby, I believe Queenslander is once again on the money with his suggestion. GB Ricambi / CGR Ghinassi of Italy is a supplier to Australian Importers of Fiat Allis parts. Hope American Crane and Tractor can find the parts for you and be sure to spread the word in USA if you are successful.
Found a fellow with track rails, rollers, and a sprocket. The sprocket is different, fellow says cut the ring off weld it to old sprocket. Not gonna happen. Chain is marked Berco 1680A. Our left is Berco 1679 . The sprockets on both sides are marked Berco 1679. A lady from Berco has contacted and says the numbers do not bring anything up, she would like pictures. Sent email to GB Ricambi / CGR Ghinassi . Have heard nothing. Sent email to ACT, no reply yet. Amazing how little info on berco parts there is. Thought they would be more informative. On way to get good pictures. My brother and his flip phone take potatoe pictures.
Measure BOTH the chains, first for Pitch(Across Five Pins divide by four) then link height and bushing diameter, there you will get the answer you need.
One of the better written guides and does apply as much to dry pin rails. https://www.west-trak.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Undercarriage-Handbook-low-res.pdf This another one https://www.equipmentworld.com/ucinspection/
I was wrong the left rail is Berco 1681A , the sprockets are Berco 1679. The four flange rollers are Berco 1075A or 1975A and the double flange are Berco 1076A or 1976A the cast numbers on them are difficult to read. The worn side (right) is all Fiat other than the drive sprocket.
The rail/chain that I found is Berco 1680A . It measures 26 7/8"across 5 pins as does the Berco 1681A on the machine.
Then need bushing diameters and rail height running face to bottom of shoes
Judging by the link rollover on the pins has a number of rollers worn well past limits. 6.7" links measure, those are only 25% pin worn by my old charts. Can go to 27.4" for worn slick. 680mm New (26.76") and 697 shot.
So there is 75% life left in the chain? A sprocket and some rollers and go on with it?
Yes. 70C, 8, FL8, FL9, 80C, 90C 100C, 1355C, FD9, 8B, FA120, 120C, AD7, AD9 New to 100% worn in mm/in 680 /26.76, 683.5 /26.9, 687.5 /27.06, 692 /27.25, 697 /27.43
Have a drive sprocket, rollers coming from AU. Have not received a bill from the broker...yet. Dec 19 is the big day.
No luck with AC&T I assume?
They said no parts available.
Unbelievable.... I’ll have to suggest to John D. that he head stateside and open a branch there.
The DC70 sadly is an orphan child nobody will admit to siring. It was built by Macmoter in Italy under contract to FIAT, and sold under the New Holland label and I believe one or two others. Macmoter went under and FIAT as usual washed their hands of it, denying everything. I did a lot of research a while back to find a replacement planetary final drive, and was able to offer one, but the gentleman never took me up on it. In 2014 I sent search parties up the Nile and Amazon and to both poles looking for sprockets to no avail. Sprockets could be made easily enough, but if you need track chains it may be a bit more daunting. I would be happy to help if I can, shoot me a private message or look up lantraxco dot com for my email, we can probably come up with a changeover for you.
Good to see you back Lantraxco
Thanks Tones, Don't know where I went or how I got there, but the guy in the mirror looks like it was a rough ride. Cheers
Did speak with the owner at Crane And Tractor Inc. 1600 Harmon Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43223 USA (614)-443-0594 He was a Fiat dealer at on time. Has a bunch of the spec books on the machines. Helpful fellow. He is who I got the track rail/chain from.
Received rollers and Sprocketfrom the land down under. Now to get around to install.
Good to hear. They are certainly well travelled. According to google, about 9300 miles from Italy to Aus. and similar from the Sth.Burnett to Kentucky. Post some pics when you get a chance.