Trying to do my research on the D6R's before I purchase one. Don't know the serial number yet but going to look at it today or tomorrow. I'm not familiar with the Heui pump. Seen lots of bad post about it. It's an 04. What do I need to look for engine wise and anything else that's considerably different than the 6H's which I'm familiar with?
Try to get the following info:- Serial Number & hours What brand of engine oil & filters are used in it and at what frequency does the owner change them.? Same question regarding air filters. OEM or aftermarket and what is the change frequency.? Do they do oil analysis.? For the engine oil at least. Have the HEUI pump and/or injectors been changed yet.? If so, when..?
D6R and some D6R series 2 had a 3306. Try and find one of those.
Didn't someone mention that the diff steer D6R's went to sharing a hydraulic pump with the implement functions and the steering, so steering performance was diminished if you operated an implement at the same time? Whether that is a real world issue or not though is another thing.
A 6h used the same pump for both also
I take it by that you mean the C9 is not a good engine to be buying second hand?
Not necessarily. A lot depends on who’s doing the maintenance. A large organization or a dedicated owner-operator and a C9 should work fine. It’s not a ride hard & put away wet type of engine.
A HEUI engine isn't necessarily a bad engine. Just the 3300 series is a generation older and from some peoples perspective is "easier" to maintain.
Here's the serial number. It has 6800 hours and I have personally not inspected it yet nor had a chance to ask questions really. it's supposed to be a one owner operator machine but it's a small equipment sales place and I definitely trust no one until I inspect it or see the records from cat. I'm trying to do like cmark says and find a 3306 since I've had great luck and familiar with. Thanks