Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for Waukesha info

Grant ยท 2005-02-27 21:16

Hello all, a couple months ago an old firetruck followed me home (honest!) It has a Waukesha 779 c.i. 6 cylinder gas engine. It started but runs a little rough and I would like to clean and adjust the points on both distributors. I have tried a couple different search engines online but can't find any point gap or dwell settings for these engines. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Grant

Replies6
  1. #1Steve Frazier2005-02-27 23:24

    Hi Grant!! Welcome to HeavyEquipmentForums!!:drinkup If no one responds here, you can try joining the American Truck Historical Society . There are quite a few members there that restore fire trucks and the classified section is great for finding parts for the job. Good luck!

  2. #2Grant2005-03-02 20:58

    Thanks Steve, I'll check that out. Hard to believe I can't find anything on the net about them big boys.

  3. #3Dwan Hall2005-03-02 21:55

    Would be nice if you could post a few pictures of your stray.

  4. #4salesrep2005-03-03 09:34

    Is this the same waukesha in Wi. If it is they still produce natural gas engines for industry. They may have info. Just a thought.

  5. #5badranman2005-03-03 16:25

    Does this help you any Grant? It's a manual but it's for sale. They have lots of others on the site too if this isn't the exact one.

  6. #6Grant2005-03-03 20:32

    Now that the weather has calmed down a bit, I'll see if I can post a pic. The truck is a 1955 Oren, built from Corbitt trucks. Only 17,000k on the speedo, typical fire truck. Salesrep, I would assume they are the same engine, they could afford to run them, pumping thier own fuel. Badranram, that does look like the manual for this engine, if I decide to keep it I'll order one. I'm hoping I can find time to tinker with it this weekend, depending if the sugar maples decide to take off again. (had a nice run 2 weeks ago) Thanks all!