Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for what this axle capacity is

lake side bob ยท 2018-12-30 16:58

I have this axle in inventory its an old one. Maybe from the late 1960's. I know I have had it in inventory for 25 years stored. its a 3 inch tube with spindle on each end. on the spindle the outer bearing diameter is 1.75 inches on the spindle the inter bearing diameter is 2 inches the spindle is welded to the 3 inch tube. The hub is 8 hole with 6.5 spacing 1/2 inch 20 thread bolts Any one have a source of information that would communicate the capacity of this axle.

Replies3
  1. #1lake side bob2018-12-30 17:43

    The inner bearing is a Timken part # 28580 The outer bearing is a Timken # 25580 Seal is SKF 23839

  2. #2Shimmy12018-12-30 18:48

    Sounds like the 10k axles we had on a pintle hook in the 80's, that had 16.5 rubber with coined rims. Stud-breaking POS.

  3. #3Shimmy12018-12-30 18:51

    Also, don't reply on your other thread, and hopefully nobody else does so one of the mods can delete it. Always just post one thread, simpler that way.