Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking forward to trying this out when it’s delivered to site

Kobelco ireland · 2022-02-16 16:21

Kobelco sk380sr.

Replies11
  1. #1Tags2022-02-16 20:25

    Ooooooo, that's a big girl with a tiny rear end! How do you get to any parts of the engine? Looks like it would be nice to run and take some of that red paint off!

  2. #2Kobelco ireland2022-02-17 16:11

    It's a customers new purchase just under 38 tons. All service access through rear doors so easy change filters etc but fairly tight to work on everywhere else.

  3. #3Steve Frazier2022-02-17 16:23

    Has Kobelco changed their colors? I remember them being yellow with the dark blue trim.

  4. #4Kobelco ireland2022-02-17 16:30

    I think there are still yellow in America and a few other areas but have been that blue ish colour in Europe since around 1999

  5. #5JLarson2022-02-18 00:49

    Looks disproportional lol

  6. #6JD955SC2022-02-18 06:15

    I don’t know how it’s done on the Kobelcos but on the Cats compact radius machines generally you are pulling the counterweight(s) to get to the engine. Long as you have enough crane no big deal. In fact I pull counterweights on lots of machines because our crane will lift up to a 336 size one and it makes working on that side of the machine a thousand times easier. The swing drive hole is truly the hellhole position on these compact machines

  7. #7mowingman2022-02-18 10:16

    They are painting Sunward equipment that same blue color. Hmmmm, wonder who is making these for Kobelco? Jeff

  8. #8Kobelco ireland2022-02-18 12:11

    They are being build in Japan by kobelco. The sunward is a slightly darker blue

  9. #9John C.2022-02-18 12:14

    The gray market Kobelco machines here nearly always came in that color.

  10. #10skyking12022-02-18 16:59

    Yeah I call those thumper excavators cuz they look like a giant set of bunny feet underneath it.

  11. #11Tags2022-02-18 22:43

    I’ve owned 2 Kobelcos from new, from 2 different dealers, a SK70SR and an SK115SRDZ, both machines were yellow….after they had been painted over I believe before they shipped, if you scratched the boom or the bucket linkage you could see the blueish green underneath….