Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking into a new skidsteer

gsxrider471 · 2019-01-21 17:55

So i'm looking to getting a skid steer and upgrading from my backhoe I own. I'm looking into a 2010 TAKEUCHI TL230-2. When I looked at the pictures I noticed some damage done to the cab (Handles and top corner of roof) which I know is common, but I wanted to get some input from people who know a little more about these machines and could tell me what they think of it. I'm attaching some pictures just to get an idea of what you think and if the price is fair or not? Specs on it listed at 30K for the price. 2010 TAKEUCHI TL 230-2 HIGH FLOW * CLOSED CAB * ROLL UP FRONT DOOR * HEAT AND AIR CONDITIONER * HIGH FLOW HYDRAULICS * 2 SPEED * 3010 HOURS

Replies5
  1. #1KSSS2019-01-21 19:43

    Takeuchi builds a good machine, but in my opinion from only looking at the pics, that is not a $30K CTL. 3K on the meter should be a larger deduct than they are showing. Also Taki OEM parts are expensive. Hard to tell exactly from the photos but the drive sprockets look like they are worn and look like they have almost worn to a point at the end of the lugs. The machine is 9 model years old. I think that is a mid 20's machine and maybe they would deal you down to that range, but if 30K is a hard number you can do better IMO.

  2. #2gsxrider4712019-01-21 21:00

    Thanks for the reply and I believe the seller said he would give it to me for around 27, but I thought that was a little high IMO as well. I posted another picture of the drive sprockets up close. I wanna make sure whatever machine I get its in good shape and doesn't need much work and this one to me just looks like its been through a little bit of a rough life and at 3k hours I've seen others for around 26 in very good shape and less hours so i got a little skeptical about it.

  3. #3Inline63592019-01-23 00:53

    Personally, I would walk away from the seller myself, im not a fan. That being said, if you still want to play hardball with him. Call Anderson equipment in bridgeville, give them serial number 223100106. Seems he bought it off them.

  4. #4Vetech632019-01-23 06:56

    Price a cab/ROPS for that at your nearest dealer...………..make sure your sitting in a safe place when you get that info.

  5. #5rondig2019-01-24 01:21

    That is a crazy price for 3k hours...most ctl are not worth much at that many hours..under carriage looks rough and due....looking at some big bucks there...cab damage...yikes.....that machine is worth no more than 20k...and even at that i would run. When the outside is that rough....the internals will be worse