Ha, that is what I want to call it anyway. My 322 usually has the 48" bucket on it, but on occasion I need to make a narrow trench. Machine does not have a QC right now so bucket swaps are less than exciting. I was looking to build a 3ft long skinny bucket that would basically attach to the 48" bucket on the center 2 teeth and load forces going into the bottom plating of the bucket, not just the teeth. Bucket would only be used in lighter soils, no rock, etc. Just curious what you guys have seen out there? I envision something that I can grab with a couple teeth, and sill have to work out an attachment method. I also crunch numbers for a living so will check some load forces to ensure it mostly checks out on paper. Probably will all depend on using some common sense when running this bucket. It appears I would need to build about a 15" wide bucket to get over 2 of my teeth. Really only need 12" so so but 15" is better than 48".
The problems of working in narrow trenches has been discussed elsewhere in this forum; hope you have seen that thread (If my comment is nonsensical, please bear in mind that here I am only a dedicated lurker).