looking to expand our business with the acquisition of a screener. We screen compost/topsoil like material to 1/4” and 3/8” currently. Thinking a powerscreen trommel may be good option. Anyone here on HEF have experience they want to share or suggestions for us? Thanks all.
Still looking for a portable screen, I have a Flip Screen for sale that I had left when I closed my quarry. I think it might be just what you might need.
Not a finlay anything. We have had many issues to the point i expect we will be trading them in on a different manufacturer. Poweescreen is simialr to finlay... both are owned by terex. Tesab is also a pass. We have had good luck with mccloskey.
ASTEC. but I'm biased , I'm a dealer tech. Sandvik as a second, but you'll wait for parts and service is spotty.
A friend of mine has a McCloskey trommel and really likes it. It's one of the older models, a 412 RT but it's still running with very few problems after 10 years of operation. This is a good article on choosing a screener: https://www.constructionequipmentgu...for-selecting-the-right-mobile-screener/22847 McCloskey has a list of its current screeners: https://www.mccloskeyinternational.com/products/screeners And here are some used McCloskey screens: https://www.constructionequipmentguide.com/used-equipment/mccloskey/screening/showall/
Still have the Flip Screen for sale...
yes i like McCLOSKEY TROMMELS,I DID PEAT BASED topsoil and compost for 16 years, started with a small Reid shaker BUT WAS too slow, i rented a 621 McCloskey each season, good engineering, 1/2 inch screen i averaged 60 y ard/hour with sticky peat, new a quarter million CAN $. NEW moisture content is the killer. depends on what you have to screen. I have heard good things about star screeners BUT VERY EXPENSIVE to replace stars, but you can screen peat or other sticky product. and resize on the fly. https://www.mccloskeyinternational.com/products/screeners
I also did a lot of composted log sort material, mud gravel, bark, wood chips siting for 20 years, not a bad product, 40-50 yards an hour with 621 trommel