Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking to buy new Equipment trailer stuck between 2 brands

AlexNH1988. ยท 2016-03-04 10:42

I am looking to buy a 7x20 10k equipment trailer. I am stuck between Reiser and Liberty. does anyone have any experience with either of these?

Replies3
  1. #1Steve Frazier2016-03-06 22:52

    I don't know the brands but I'll recommend you make sure anything you buy has Dexter axles. Parts for other brands can be either difficult to find or much more expensive. I made the mistake with my own trailer, wasn't aware of this problem.

  2. #2movindirt2016-03-07 14:02

    I would advise stepping up to a 14k lb gvw in the 7x20' size, doesn't take much of a skid loader or mini ex for that length to be overloaded. Unless you are only going to 10k lbs to stay under CDL limit...

  3. #3JNB2016-03-07 18:30

    I'll second this. Parts for Dexter axles are easy to come by on line and a lot of local big brand dealers keep a good assortment in stock.