Im looking to set up a truck with a RGN that will be very versitile combo in the RGN world. Im looking for advice on what combo works the best to cover a majority of available freight around the country. Whether it be a 3 axle truck with a 3 axle trailer or a pusher on the truck and a tag on the trailer. I dont think i want to go full throttle into extremely heavy freight but if the money is there and its worth it ill consider it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
. I give up... What's RGN.... . . Gotta Fly... .
I'm assuming removable goose neck... Cheers. Tom
. I'm not really sure if that's a joke...? Putting a small 5th wheel to replace it doesn't make sense... or cents... . Gotta Fly... . .
Removable Goose Neck as in a heavy equipment lowboy trailer that detaches and loads from the front.
Let see what I can help you with . I have been playing with RGNs for a while . So there some questions to ask and things to look at . 1 st are you looking for a hydraulic neck or mechanical neck . Will this be something you are going to use or a hired hand . There will be some others along to add some more before long
You see a lot with the flip axle others with the 3rd as a lift. I've been pulling a step for years and have thought about buying a Rgn. If it were me and depending on cost I would go with a Rgn strech, you see so many high dollar loads that are longer than the 29'6" well.
Lowboy OK... I've pulled Cozad... and Trail King One removed the Goose Neck mechanically... One had a pony motor... . . But I never heard them called RNG... . . It's always been "Lowboy" trailers... Also pulled them with Jeeps and Tags... . . Gotta Fly... . .
Same for me until I got signed in here and it seems the greater amount of people call them RGN so I just got used to it .
. Yeah , "Lingo" can be a little different , especially here, Since these guys are all over the world... I was racking my brain trying to figure out those letters... and even when someone commented... I'm thinking "Goose Neck Trailer".... HA !!! . Anywho, Learning something new... . Gotta Fly... PS Wish I had taken pictures with the Koering on the Cozad with a jeep... ( Extra front goose neck set ) That was 36 tires total... . .
I apologize for the rgn confusion. I thought that was common knowledge. Im setting the truck up from scratch. It will be a mechanical detach and yes I will be the operator. Judging by the comments so far I dont think ill find the answers im looking for here.
If it were me I would go with a tri trailer and a truck with a pusher. As long as your truck has air ride I would go with mechanical because they are usually a few thousand pounds lighter than a hydraulic. But if you are wanting to haul smaller stuff and farm equipment the hydraulic trailers are nice with a set of ramps on the back so for smaller loads you don't have to unhook the gn just drop the ramps and go something else to consider would be outriggers. Most all trailers have them but the little fold out arms that you lay a board on suck in my opinion I would go with the the pull outs. Landoll makes a sweet trailer that the market to the large farms and equipment dealers and I would love to have one. Some thing else you haven't said much about is price because when it comes down too it what you can afford may not be able to pay for what you want Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
75 to work with for the truck. The I will be purchasing the trailer brand new on a loan. I really leaning towards a trailer with the 3rd axle flip and a pusher on the truck. To me that sounds like a versatile set up. Definitely pull outs instead of outriggers. Do you happen to know what you can gross with a six axle set up?
I have around 75 to work with for the truck. The trailer I will be purchasing brand new on a loan. Im really leaning towards a trailer with the 3rd axle flip and a pusher on the truck. To me that sounds like a versatile set up. Definitely pull outs instead of outriggers. Do you happen to know what you can gross with a six axle set up?
it all depends on which state bridge laws u run in as to how much each axle can carry!! whats the biggest piece of equipment you want to be able to haul? that will be how many axles or jeeps you need to buy.. or are you just wanting to haul for rental yards?
I dont want to haul anything heavy enough that it requires jeeps. I want to run a single trailer setup. Id like to get hooked up with heavy equipment auction yards. Pay loaders dozers graders. Stuff along those lines. I also haul farm machinery now for numerous auction yards
The flip ups are pretty nice and I know Fontaine has a set of ramps that pin on the same as your flip up so if you were hauling something smaller you can unpin the flip up take a fork lift and set your yanps in place then replace the pins and hook up your hoses/lights and away you go here is one for sale locally '05 Fontaine Pin-on Beaver-tail http://stlouis.en.craigslist.org/hvd/4400969608.html Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
On 7 axles if you are including the steer axle in Missouri with a permit is 132,000 lbs . 20,000 an axle , 12,000 on the steer