Hey guys I would like to know if there are any construction company owners or supers out there that would be interested in having an observer. I have in the past travled to other countries and watched how other companys consultants handle large scale earth moving projects. (more then one way to skin a cat) this in the past has helped me work more effective. I have come to the understanding that things are done different in different parts of the world and some things work better and worse I have also had those owners and supers travel up here and watch how i do things I have found the exchange of info to be of great value. If there is anybody interested please pm me and we can see if it works out. Thanks Devon
Why not go observe a certain large Earthworks/Water & Sewer company in edmonton.... and maybe figure out how on a year when they have no work swallow up they're largest competitor in the city who actually has more work than they do. BTW.... your avatar pic. Is that Sureway's D6H unit number 309?
If a certian large earthworks company in Edmonton would allow it I would gladly observe them. What i do like doin is traveling to different parts of the world to see how things are done i have found that lots of places do have diffent ways to get the job done. the avatar pic is actually of my old D8R when i had it up in ft mac
Ohhh I just saw the writing above the Caterpillar sticker on the back and it looked like what Sureway does with some of their dozers. Well that certain large EW company does allow people to observe. Just gotta hit up the right tall guy there.
I may have to look into this thanks for the heads up
You are going to have to overcome safety and insurance concerns and fear that you are a competitor spying on the jobsite. It helps if you show up in a hardhat and boots.
I know the places I have been it hasnt been to hard. We found it worse when they came up to Alberta in the saftey aspect. As for the spying Im sure they can site on a road and watch or hire the ex operators forman super's. The companys i have done this exchange with have looked at this as an exchange of info to be more productive And the results have been good I posted on here to see if there are any other willing people as to this forum can reach more people/companys than i know of or are in contact with And i would like to thank all those interested