Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking to purchase a new Bobcat T770

CatToy ยท 2016-07-28 11:02

After a few times back and forth with the dealer, I am at 30% off list price, having never purchased a new piece of equipment, is that a good enough deal?

Replies21
  1. #1Shimmy12016-07-29 00:53

    What is the number? We bought one the fall of 2014, got it for $67,500 plus tax. I don't think we ever asked what the list price was.

  2. #2CatToy2016-07-29 07:03

    It has the A91 package and has every option except forestry, we are at $64.5k. There are 5 construction equipment dealers within 5 miles, so far they have been competitive in this size unit, even cat priced me a 289 several less than last year.

  3. #3Shimmy12016-07-30 00:00

    Pretty good price.

  4. #4CatToy2016-07-30 07:00

    Well, I ordered it yesterday afternoon, I told them Cat wanted me to demo two of their units this weekend, so they added a weight kit (I wanted one but they talked me out of it), service and parts manuals, and first service. Out the door at $64.5K

  5. #5JNB2016-08-03 12:26

    Congrats CT, that's awesome! Pics when you get it.

  6. #6pafarmer2016-08-03 20:32

    Congrats on the new bobcat...they are a very nice machine...pictures when it hits the ground at your place...

  7. #7CatToy2016-08-04 09:13

    It is being built this week and should be delivered late next week if everything goes as planned. Obviously, I have not had a opportunity to read the operations manual, but what about a break-in period, how do you all work new equipment?

  8. #8BlazinSS9342016-08-04 09:38

    I was always told to break it in like you normally would run it. Keep a light load during warm ups and give it a few minutes to idle before shut down. I would change the engine oil after 100 hours maybe if you want to drop the hydro filter too Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9pafarmer2016-08-04 13:00

    Agreed with above...run it like it is going to be used...Diesel motors like to run , don't be afraid to run it like to stole it after she warms to operating Temp. Seat those rings in good be using it as intended... Important to idle it down and let it cool prior to shutting down for the day...We change oil at 50 and then 100 hours and submit the 100 oil change for full analysis. I get all my kits and analysis free from CAT....after the 100 hour change we follow the book to the letter. Final drive service is critical to follow the book and use nothing but Bobcat oils and products during the warranty period. Manufactures will deny most every claim if the their analysis upon failure shows someone else's products in their machine....trust me on that I learned the hard way many years ago.... Hope this helps and remember, Grease is cheap so use it daily....good luck with your new tractor..they make a great machine that I am sure will serve you well...

  10. #10BlazinSS9342016-08-04 13:06

    Is this machine assigned to a dedicated operator? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11CatToy2016-08-04 14:34

    I will be the only operator of this one for a long time, things seem to get broke too easy when others are running the equipment.

  12. #12murfdog2016-08-05 06:57

    I hear that.

  13. #13Ropinghorns2016-08-06 09:04

    I own one too and love it. I have a t630 and a s590. They all have their place. You did get a great price.

  14. #14CatToy2016-08-26 13:44

    Finally delivered, put about 2 hours on it last night. I know... No pictures, just too excited to think of it last night. Will post some tonight. Have two questions, first, I have a 400# weight kit on it but it seems to make it a wee bit light in the front end unless the bucket is totally full. Anybody experience this, or it my imagination? Second, I found an ASV 84" dozer blade in good shape for 2k. Will that work on the T770 and is it worth it?

  15. #15CatToy2016-08-26 19:25

    Pictures of the new toy...

  16. #16Shimmy12016-08-27 00:32

    I don't have the weight kit, and haven't had to do anything yet that would require it. The stock tipping load spec is right at 10,000 pounds. Did they talk you into the kit, or do you really need it?

  17. #17CatToy2016-08-27 07:02

    It was thrown in as a sweetener. I pick up some pretty large logs for the sawmill (~4k), so I had asked about it during negotiations. All the units I tested got tipsy getting a log off the top of the pile except the TL10 which all leaving the dealer come with a weight kit. I do not like bobcats design, I have hit them on things already.

  18. #18pafarmer2016-08-27 08:52

    Congrats on the Bobcat...good luck with it....The weigh kits up the ROC a bit and allows for more stability when lifting and mainly traveling with a heavy load..

  19. #19Shimmy12016-08-27 09:00

    It took me awhile to get used to the cab forward design. I would guess that's why you're bumping into things, the back end is farther back than what you've been running. As far as being tippy with a half full bucket, if you have roller suspension, that will take a bit to get used to as well. How about the controls? I've never ran a machine with such flawless control. The Kubota was the only thing close, and by close I mean almost identical.

  20. #20CatToy2016-08-27 12:54

    Shimmy1, you correct about the controls, easy to maneuver in tight spaces. I worked on a 40' culvert this morning where I only had 2' on one side to work from an adjacent house, Roller suspension is nice, the cat had a Cadillac ride but bobcat is close second. Bent my tooth bucket this morning, I guess the tilt cylinders are a touch stronger than my old JD6675. Oh well, I guess I need one anyway it was a 72" anyway. Thinking on biding on a fence job which will require several hundred T post installed, so I was thinking on getting a hydraulic T post driver. Anybody use one?

  21. #21warbird2016-08-27 13:37

    Haven't used the t post driver. But I had a driver made from a breaker [jack hammer] that is really good . drive a lot of pipe and t post you can just push down . If rocky it just takes a tap and it will go through. Got mine from a rental company they usually sale them after 4 or so years old 3500.00 to 4500.00 then have bit made, remount it to where it is standing up. 10' post is not a problem to get on them to drive. Drive up to 4" pipe with ease