Ok guys, I'm looking in to getting a 1990 d6h dozer with 10000hrs The tractor is a nice straight machine. I know the owner and its never been abused. The owner only used it for clearing building lots and on his farm. It been sitting for about 5 years but will fire up with the turn of the key. The undercarriage is about 60%. What are some things to look at before I pull the trigger?
hi i bought a d5hxl that had been sitting for 3 years it was in great shape , got it home and changed the fluids and found a little water (about a cup) in the transmission did not think it was a problem, i ran it about 50 hours and the right steering clutch pack and a short time later the transmission clutch pack failed ($15,000.00)later i had it back running like new. The problem was the friction material does not like water and begin to fall apart so i recommend doing a oil sample to see what shape it is in.