We started a new line today. Look's like this one is gonna be fun! We got about 900 feet of ROW cleared when we came to this. It's not a real tall hill, maybe 50 feet but the first 15 feet or so is literally staight up a solid rock wall. Lucky for us it chipped away fairly easily and after bout an hour or so we made it up. I can't wait to see what the next 2 1/2 miles has in store for us. :drinkup The view from the top. The view from the bottom. Looking out my side window 1/2 way up.
Dang, you have a good job, Galute. OCR
I see you got a new window!:thumbsup Thats some of that new saftey glass I've been hearing about. Nice looking office view you go there.
Looks like fun whats the ROW for? How do you like your 51(?) We have 2 of them the last place I worked and when the temps hit the 90* they would overheat easily. Then you had the shut them down and restart them with the fan running the other way. Seem kind of dumb to me that you would shut down a machine that is overheated, but thats what I was told to do.
Thanks guy's. I do enjoy my job. It's a lot of fun. The ROW is for a nat gas gathering line between two gas wells. They haven't brought any pipe in yet but I think it's gonna be 20" poly pipe. The 51 is a sweet little machine. Not really big enough to do a lot of bulk pushing but what it lacks there it makes up for when it comes time to dress up. If I could change anything it would be more weight on the front to help it's balance some. It's climbing and side slope abilities are very impressive. We have two of them. Mine has 1200 hours on it now and I got it new. Not even the slightest problem with it yet. The other one has been nothing but problems. Overheating, smoking the final drives and they can't keep the pumps adjusted to keep it tracking straight. Overheating seems to be a common problem with Komatsu's, at least for us, we have several, both hoes and dozers, that will overheat if pushed hard. I'm not sure how much longer I'm gonna get to keep the 51 tho. The company bought a nice D6N with a winch. I got to run it Wednesday when they sent me over to another crew for a day to winch a hoe up and down a steep hill. Word is when they finish their hill they are sending the 6 to me and taking the 51. We will see I guess. :drinkup