Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Loss or reduction of hydraulic power

StPat · 2018-09-21 12:46

I have a 2007 Takeughi TB135 which has developed a problem with intermittant loss of hydraulic power, this occurs randomly and affects all the hydraulics. I am wondering if this could be a clogged hydraulic filter or something more serious, what could I check to find out what is wrong? Any help would be appreciated, thanks, Patrick

Replies8
  1. #1Blondie702018-09-21 18:28

    Check the hydraulic filter.

  2. #2StPat2018-09-22 20:20

    The only hydraulic filter I can find reference to is the one in the hydraulic tank, is there another one or do I have to drain the tank to check it?

  3. #3Blondie702018-09-23 19:13

    I don't know. Someone will come along with the answer. I will bet that is the problem, tho….good luck

  4. #4elcheapo2018-09-24 09:51

    There is a suction filter at the bottom of the tank per my operators manual.

  5. #5heymccall2018-09-24 11:51

    Element under lid on hydraulic tank, and, within hyd tank, there is a screen in the suction port.

  6. #6heymccall2018-09-24 11:52

    Link to parts manual https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0Zu1v8Jbi1TwBnwPXX3lsE&cshid=1537804264389

  7. #7StPat2018-09-26 12:39

    Thanks for the replies, the digger is at the shop, found. Quite a bit of bronze shavings in the filter, don't know the outcome yet, think it is the track motor, but the entire system is contaminated, don't know how to correct that.

  8. #8515moto2018-10-26 06:10

    We just recently had a similar problem. The mechanic working on it said brass / bronze parts are only located in the main pump. Unfortunately for us he was right. the only good thing is the contamination was contained to the tank. he had some sort of vacuum to suck everything from the tank.