Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lost my grand Father.

Truckie · 2007-11-07 21:15

Lost my grand Father. I just wanted to take a moment to let you all know I lost my Grand Father on Monday. He was 89 and lived right up to the last few hours of his life. It was a heart attack that took him and some other health issues that compounded from it. So all I can say is make sure you let the people in your life you love know it. Life is truly to short. Let them know you love them and take some time to spend time with them. I’m in total shock.

Replies14
  1. #1Countryboy2007-11-07 21:21

    My condolences Truckie.

  2. #2baseball2007-11-07 22:02

    sorry about you lost.

  3. #3AlabamaDirtGuy2007-11-07 22:09

    Prayers from Bama Truckie.

  4. #4wrenchbender2007-11-07 22:45

    Sorry for your loss Truckie, and you're right about letting the ones you love know it.

  5. #5digger242j2007-11-08 05:18

    Sorry to hear that, Truckie. Thanks for taking the time to remind us of that. It's a lesson we so often have to learn the hard way.

  6. #6Truckie2007-11-09 16:24

    Digger you are so right. I did spend time with him and was there every time he call and needed something, but I know I should havbe been there more. For that I will live with the grief for the rest of my life. I found a lot of things out about my Grand Fahter I never knew and I wish I would have known, but he liked to keep things to him self. I sent him off the best way I could and the best way I knew. I called his Nave pals and See Bee’s pals and the came in uniform and held a prayer service for him and on the day of the burial tey draped his coffen with a flag and played taps.:usa Thanks everyone.

  7. #7LowBoy2007-11-10 08:27

    My condolences to you and yours.

  8. #8CM19952007-11-10 22:49

    I am sorry for your loss Truckie, my condolences to you and your family.

  9. #9Young James2007-11-13 19:33

    sorry to hear that bro, hang in there man

  10. #10Sageair2007-11-14 22:59

    My thoughts are with you.

  11. #11385Diggin' Doug2007-12-21 18:31

    Sorry that I found this forum to late Truckie. Sorry for your loss. I had lost my DAD in July of '06 to a heart attack.He left this world doing what he wanted,running his 973 on the job he wanted to be on.Died on the job after loading a demo trailer.I lost my best friend that day.What you say is true. Let the people who are important to you and the people you love and respect know it every time you think about them.Because it could happen to any of us at any time.Once again sorry for your loss.Memories can never be taken away!!

  12. #12Buckethead2007-12-21 21:55

    My condolences Sorry to hear about your grandfather. It always hurts to lose a family member.

  13. #13Legdoc2007-12-21 22:08

    My condolences on the loss of your grandfather.

  14. #14Truckie2007-12-24 18:45

    Thanks again guys.