Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lost one side of thumb hydraulics

Liberty ยท 2018-04-10 12:25

I have a 2006 Doosan Daewoo solar75v excavator that I am converting my manual thumb to a hydraulic thumb. I am using the hammer hydraulics with the foot pedal for control. It has the to way valve on it. I hooked up a test guage to see what pressure I am getting which is 4000 psi. I tested it three times. Each time the pump dead headed when I tested it. I shut it down and removed one of the pilot lines on the control block looking for a pressure adjustment which there is none. Restarted and now I have no pressure on one side of the pedal.I did not remove this pilot line. Not sure why it stopped working. Any ideas?

Replies3
  1. #1cuttin edge2018-04-10 12:55

    Doesn't a hammer only use one way hydraulics?

  2. #2Liberty2018-04-10 13:05

    It has a two way valve option.

  3. #3Liberty2018-04-10 13:06

    It allows oil to flow both directions with the two way foot pedal. Used for a thumb or an auger.