Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lost the hydraulic pump in a Genie Z45-25

Triple Divide · 2025-08-20 18:36

I'd posted before about metal in the return filter housing in the tank - may have found the source today. Genie Z45-25 w/ a deutz 3 cylinder, started making a racket while working out of the basket, shut it down, restarted it on the ground, and sounded like a nasty knock, wasn't sure if it was engine or hyd. pump. Shut it down again, turned the engine over by hand several times, felt good, no noise or unusual resistance. Fired it back up, tried to use functions and nothing works. Put a gauge on the test port at the pump an it reads zero. Safe to assume the pump is gone? Should I check anything else before ordering a new pump? I don't know much of anything about hydraulic systems. I pulled the in tank filter, and there was a little metal in there again, no metal that I could see in either of the two filters off of the hydraulic pump. Trying to get someone to look at it, but everyone is out several weeks. Would at least like to confirm pump is bad and order one.

Replies3
  1. #1Coaldust2025-08-21 02:03

    Take the pump apart and take a look. It will be obvious.

  2. #2Triple Divide2025-08-21 18:51

    Pulled pump from engine. The coupler had worked itself off of the pump shaft and was not engaging the flex plate. Re-attached and everything working good again. Went from a $4500 fix to a $0 dollar fix.

  3. #3Coaldust2025-08-21 19:53

    That’s good news!