Hi everyone, my neighbour saved this lift from scrap but is having problems getting it going again. It's a 1996 CH60C, made by Marklift. Seems the control board (OEM Controls Inc Superflex) isn't putting out voltage as an output to the boom lift/lower and basket swing joystick. I found some info on this message board discussing this control board from 2005, does anyone know who fixes these boards now? And a bonus pic of what this machine looked like we he got is hauled over here in the late spring!
Man I don't miss working on those things, thousands of white wires with itty bitty numbers on them. I'm pretty sure Marklift was rolled into the Terex brand, probably obsolete by now because they acquired Genie and that's the brand they are rolling with, direct competition to JLG. BTW, remove the rear cover of the main boom and get a look inside at the cables and sheaves, I've seen those things go south on those machines more than once. Have someone telescope it out while you're looking in there with a bright light. As for the board, might be a longshot, but contact Hindley Electronics in Ohio, they used to rebuild controllers and boards, just don't know about that one, but worth a shot. > https://hindleyelectronics.com/
Yup, that's what is like, wiring labels are mostly still there. I will add inspecting inside to boom to the list, and get in touch with Hindley!
Ok, so I found that Controls Systems Labs in NY will fix these boards too. Planning to send out the board to them for repair. New ones are available for $2k as well, but that's out of the budget at the moment
Ok, I figured an update was in order here. Sent the boards off to Controls Systems Labs, and they couldn't fix an open trace. After way to much work, it seems the 5v voltage regulator on one of the joystick boards is bad, I have it at a local repair shop to see what they can do. This machine also has some suspect work done on the rear counter weight area, a door cut open to access the boom, a patch panel welded on the vertical plate and another added plate under the small cylinder at the boom pivot. Anyone have ideas on why someone would have done this stuff?
Ok to continue this saga, this machine sort of works! But does anyone know how to adjust the joystick ramp rates or thresholds? The turret rotation is crazy fast, from the basket joystick. And the boom extension is really slow, retract is fine, and both are fine from the ground controls. This machine came with a plug in box called an Optimzer, which is dead, gets no 12v power etc. Any other way to change things?