My old 580D doesn't seem to have the breakout power I would think it should. Digging in a stream bed of loose rock and some clay I often have to play with it to break the bucket out, running around 2000rpm. Does this sound like the pump may need a rebuild, or a relief valve needs replacing? Also I noticed that if I lift the hoe off the ground with the front and rear buckets, the rear will sag back down to the ground after about a minute.
My old 580c bleed off also.I would like to be able to fix it all up,but dont quite know where to start!I love my little 580.Have you checked the fluid level(I am sure you have) and the hyd filter? If it is bad it will cut down on power a lot.I have been told to get these only fron Case.Fuel,air ect is ok from napa, but the hyd needs to be case.Thr next thing would be a to check the relief pressures Good luck!
I noticed when it seems to "max out" there is a squishing noise that seems to becoming from the front. It sounds as if fluid is being squirted out, but nothing is leaking. It also happens when I'm stuck and using the front bucket to roll myself backwards. If I'm really stuck, the front bucket won't roll back :nono and I get the squishing sound. :crying
Do you think it could be air in the lines?
There's plenty of fluid so I don't think so. I assume the system is self bleeding but I don't really know.
there are a multitude of things to look for, my first piece of advice is to get yourself a flowmeter. the mechanic that works on my stuff calls it his "bible" it will tell you the gpm and psi of your pump on each and every circuit you have. you could have a weak pump, you could have valving that is wore allowing oil to bypass, relief valves that are weak/wore...either bypassing oil or not allowing pump to bring that circuit up to pressure. packings in cylinders that are wore that are allowing oil to bypass. you could have a suction hose between your hydraulic tank that's multi-plied where the inner ply has come loose, restricting the oil flow to the pump. you could have a screen on your pickup line in the hydraulic tank full of debris. if your cylinders are settling, that is nothing to do with the pump, that would be in your cylinder packings, or the valving. slow, underpowered function of circuits are probably the stuff i mentioned above
I agrea wih Dayexco, on my mini ex the boom used to settle and it was the packing for that cylinder, repack, worked fine.
I'm guessing those aren't exactly cheap? Is that all it could be? :crying :wink2 The machine looks to have been well maintained before I got it, clean fluids and fairly recent filters, but I'll investigate that angle further. Though I have nothing to compare it to in my limited experience, the working speed of the cylinders seems to be reasonable, almost too fast and jerky in some cases, (though that could be the operator), it's just when hit that high pressure sticking point that things bog down.