The JCB GT-The World's Fastest Backhoe! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkbrHbLDkcw&mode=related&search=
Whoa! There are two JCB models in the video -- wonder what [speed] the little one does? And does it look like the first tractor has concrete in its buckets?
The JCB 4x4x4 hoe I was running wasn't very fast I had to let other backhoes pass me on the road because they could go faster.
LOL!! That's great RentalMan, that's great!! Thanks for sharing!
Cool
That was neat. Did you see those other videos on there? Maybe if everything we do is set to music it would seem more cool.
Here's some pics of JCB's High Speed British Military line up also known as High Speed Engineering Excavators. All of these are capable of reaching speeds up to 50 mph. This one is capable of towing a 24 ton bulk train. Photo's by: www.army-technology.com
Now why would the British military need to run its excavators at 50 miles per hour?
The site says they run faster to be able to obtain convoy speed. Since they don't have guns I think it would be a good idea to stay with the convoy. :bouncegri
50 miles an hour in a backhoe with no guns...people shooting at you. Not my idea of fun
Britain has an army? Our Salvation Army could probably wipe them out :bouncegri :bouncegri
Thats funny.:laugh
If that wasn't in jest then you would be among many other foolish people in history who underestimated Bristish armed forces. Strength may be in quality not quantity.
I think yer thinkin' about the French army...
Countryboy -- the second and third pic -- do you have more information on them? I've read stuff on the first pic and I figure the last one is a modified FastTrac, but I'm not sure about the middle two. (The second one is a 4CX, but is that heavily customized? Or was it an add-on to the main machine of the first pic?)
telescopic the second one is a 4cx modified to fit in a cargo plane the next is a heavily modified telescopic handler if i remember rightly it can unload a 20ft shipping container through the back doors and also has a high road speed i have some info in a magazine i will try and find it for you ,and yes cascadescaper we have a very good army
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.
Tiger, click on the link below the pics, click Products A-Z at the top of the page, click Military and Specials Purpose Vehicles in the right column then scroll down and click JCB. All the info will be here along with pics and links to their websites.
or Canada
.... you tell em squizzy
Is that the whole army? :bouncegri
No...that just means somebody saw a rabbit
I think we all have to admit, they're doing much better since they traded in those red coats for some cool camo. Red is just sooo 18th century... :bouncegri
Wikipedia: There is no basis for the historical myth that red coats were favoured because they did not show blood stains. In the United States, "Redcoat" is particularly associated with those British soldiers who fought against the colonists during the American Revolution. It does not appear to have been a contemporary expression - accounts of the time usually refer to "regulars" or "the King's men". Abusive nicknames included "bloody backs" (in a reference to both the colour of their coats and the use of flogging as a means of punishment for military offences) and "lobsters" or "lobsterbacks" (most notably in Boston around the time of the Boston Massacre). It was not until the 1880s that the term "redcoat" as a vernacular expression for the British soldier appears in literary sources such as Kipling's poem "Tommy" - indicating some degree of popular usage in Britain itself. The term is still used in Ireland to refer to the British Army, and sometimes to all British people. I used to work for an engineer whom everybody called the "crayfish" or the "lobster"...on account of everybody reckoned he had no backbone and a head full of S*** another successful derailment
No that is only the guards for the tea... :wink2
This looks a bit like the one above. Check out the broschures and the videoclip. http://www.adi-limited.com/default.asp?page=155
I wonder how long those headlights last hung on the bucket like that?
WOW. Awsome thread, very impressive. Loots of good info. Thanks.
I like that video, that thing really moves.
Imagine scrapers, blades, D8's all at convoy speed - now that's a parade I'd like to see!
Just about all day but only a short winter day