Anybody drive truck around Durhan North Carolina? Check your height. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c0_1351184890
they need to resharpen the edge on the guillotine. A cleaner cut would prevent a sudden stop and less debris
Yair . . . That's just plain wierd, surely they could put in some jangle bars and alternate route signage a quartermile before bridge . . . it's too late to have flashing lights and signage on it. Cheers
the flashing lights are activates by a sensor that detects an over height vehicle. I'm sure there are plenty of warning signs and an alternate route. watch the video closely, you will see the warning light start to flash
My sides hurt. That one RV trailer is gonna have some teed off residents with no satellite TV and no AC when they get to the RV park. My favorite though is the charter bus. Watch the second view of it closely. The freon that left that thing warmed the planet by at least a half degree alone. I bet the city gets a cut of the video proceeds. I think the video is activated at the same time as the flashing lights.
wow i would set up a roof repair shop on the other side....... but what would i do with all the money?.. then i would be very wealthy and would not want to work.
Just take a little off the top boss... If I was a local towing company I would see if I could place a sign on the bridge.
We have a bridge very similar to that one here in Albany, Oregon. It's been hit numerous times as well. One delivery driver for Sears has/had the dubious honor of hitting it twice. It has lots of signage, dangling chains and flashing lights. It's a railroad trestle built for stout in 1913.
DAng only one semi driver got caught there... and he was local too...LOL
Yeah but that bridge gave those rental trucks hell.:tong I like the two straw blowing trucks, the second one sees the first one get chopped and still goes through.:lmao
Theres another contestant for a Darwin Award.
Yair . . . . CM1995 or any with time to enlighten me . . . what is the go with those "straw blowing trucks" what do they actualy do? Cheers
A straw blower is used to place a mulch over freshly seeded soil to retain moisture and control erosion while seed takes root and grows. http://www.finncorp.com/straw-blowers.html
Those crews go out to seed and blow straw on recently graded sites. The straw blowers are a major labor savings, as you can imagine. Workers feed square bales into the blower where a rotating shaft with chains attached to it chop the bale up. The RPM's of the shaft and the configuration of the chute create an air current that blows the hay out the nozzle. The straw blowers come in several sizes from small "tailgate" units to ones large enough to load a round bale in. I have a "tailgate" straw blower that I usually put on the back of a trailer, hay loaded in front and drive around while two guys feed and blow hay over a site. This is the one I have - http://kincaidequipment.com/strawblower.html Some grading contractors perform this part of the job themselves and others sub it out. There are several erosion control subcontractors in my area that stay busy keeping sites in compliance. Erosion control is a big ticket item in my area, from silt fencing to grassing. The State DEP (Department of Environmental Protection), in Alabama the agency is called ADEM ( Alabama Department of Environmental Management), inspect sites for proper silt fencing, inlet protection, grassing disturbed areas after so many days, etc, etc. Any construction site over 1 acre in size has to have a NPDES permit (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System). This is a Federal rule, like the Federal CDL rules, the States have to have individual programs that meet these standards but they are allowed to be stricter. When you receive the NPDES permit, the site is plugged into a data base that puts the site on an inspection schedule.
Pretty much the way it works here as well CM.
Yair . . . Gotcha fellers. I guessed it may have been erosion control. They may have similar setups here but I have never seen them. A commercial franchised setup called "Hydromulching" seems to be the go . . . I think it essentialy an organic hay/woodchip or whatever slurry containing grass-seed and is put on through a high pressure pump . . . they can spray it a long way. No doubt you have the same thing over there . . . The small scale set up sounds more practical. Cheers
Yair . . . Gotcha fellers. I guessed it may have been erosion control. They may have similar setups here but I have never seen them. A commercial franchised setup called "Hydromulching" seems to be the go . . . I think it essentialy an organic hay/woodchip or whatever slurry containing grass-seed and is put on through a high pressure pump . . . they can spray it a long way. No doubt you have the same thing over there . . . The small scale set up sounds more practical. Cheers
Yup Scrub , Hydro Seeder over here. Reseeding fire line on the Willie Fire...
so many Darwin Awards on one bridge, maybe the Guiness Book of Records should be told
Fixing some of the damage we caused...
I have a small 300 gallon hydroseeder too. Personally I would rather blow hay - quicker, faster and no need for water. Plus cleanup is a bitch on a hydroseeder.
Nice to see the staff setting such a good example when it comes to staying ON TOPIC... :tong
Hey, we haven't had a thread hijack this good in a while..
Squizzy would be proud of you. :thumbsup
Its an acquired Talent.......
Somebody had to take up the slack.:cool2
Welcome back, stranger! RnR.
Why thank you Sir....but I have ulterior motives.....and a donga with a free internet connection.
Squiz, You might want to let us Westerners know that in the Aussie Outback a donga is a construction camp or shack, often tin. Winch Cat
Well its all in the spelling really.....wouldn't want to caught talking about ones "Donger" (Hi-jack successful)