Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Low hydrostatic charge pressure

jkflatt · 2018-08-25 09:43

bobcat T300, when running rotary bush hog, the hydrostatic charge pressure light come on, I don’t move for a few minutes, then it goes off. What causes this and is there something I can or need to do ? Thanks J.

Replies4
  1. #1crewchief8882018-09-03 17:18

    well you need to T in a manual gauge at the sender, and see what the charge pressure is doing. many things can cause low charge pressure... bad sender or wiring high hyd oil temps drive belt slipping low engine RPM from bogging the engine down, fuel problem causing the engine to bog down worn charge pump debris under the charge pressure relief poppet or weak spring.

  2. #2Paul Coates2018-09-05 18:30

    hello Crewchief Could you explain the debris under the pressure relief poppet or weak spring? I'm having charge pump issues with a T300 also and trying to learn all that I can

  3. #3crewchief8882018-09-06 18:10

    ive found a piece of debris ( piece of a seal, or small peice of brass) holding the poppet off the seat in the pump housing, mainly after a major hyd failure. the charge pressure relief is shim adjustable. but something is causing a loss of charge pressure, ie: internal pump or motor leakage

  4. #4jkflatt2024-06-23 07:54

    How many hours is typical life of a drive belt on the bobcat t300?