Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

lowboy Q

pigpen60 ยท 2009-09-24 23:13

how do you attache/detache a removable tongue lowboy?

Replies8
  1. #1-NICK-2009-09-25 23:18

    Do you mean detachable neck?if so here http://www.youtube.com/user/74nickg#play/uploads/9/Oax_1ltANvw YouTube - Murray Trailers Mechanical Gooseneck

  2. #2pigpen602009-09-28 21:21

    now that explains something. we never had modern equipment, you either went over the rear or over the side. and when all else failed track cross country.

  3. #3heavylift2009-09-28 21:57

    I depends on the brand... we had one the you had to lay a 4x6 across the frame to hold the next up. It had a hydraulic foot to lift the trailer. can't remember what else we had to do... Used a few with fold down neck.... you just pulled a pin on both sides, unhook the 5th wheel. put the winch in neutral then ease out from under the ramp...

  4. #4dozerdave2009-09-28 22:15

    Hi pigpen60, Click on Murray's add in the right hand column and someplace in there you will see a very good video of a hand removing a goose neck from a Murray lowboy.

  5. #5JDOFMEMI2009-09-30 10:59

    dozerdave I am pretty sure that is the one Nick posted.

  6. #6tonka2009-09-30 17:33

    Dam Chaz is a superstar, in the movies...LOL!!!

  7. #7pigpen602009-09-30 19:39

    great photos. so the hydraulics work the same without having to unhitch?

  8. #8Chaz Murray2009-10-02 00:22

    Yeah not so much. It kinda came down to no one really wanted to be on video so I got to. Since I am not in a truck often I am a lot slower than someone that dose it everyday... Up until about 6 weeks ago I did not even have my class A license so could not even leave the yard haha....