Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

lower roller pivot pin

bdog1234 · 2020-05-20 18:42

I have a Japanese crawler dumper that has the pins and/or bushings for the lower rollers worn out. We just finished a a job where over the course of three months we drove the machine through an estimated 750 miles of mud. We greased the pins heavily and daily but they are all shot. Pulled a track off today and can wobble the assemblies anywhere from 1/4 to 3/4". The pins I am referring to are item 10 in the attached schematic. They are held on by a large metric nut on the back and I couldn't break one loose to investigate further as I don't have a socket that size for my 1" impact and we couldn't;t budge them with a wrench and a 4' cheater. I am not sure if the wear and slop is just in the pins, the bushings, or most likely both. I have never had to fix anything like this. What am I looking at?

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2020-05-20 19:21

    What make is it, Morooka.?

  2. #2bdog12342020-05-20 19:23

    No it is an IHI. IC-45-2

  3. #3heymccall2020-05-20 19:47

    Just pins, bushings and seals. Just did my IC100. And did my IC70 years ago. I did the 70 with the brackets still on the frame, but, smartened up on the 100 and undid all the rollers and unbolted each assembly from the frame and did them on the bench. The most stuck part(s) were the triangles to the shaft. Everything else was straight forward. I also shimmed mine for side to side clearance upon reassembly.

  4. #4bdog12342020-05-20 23:12

    Thanks for the replies but I don’t think mine is like that. The part on the frame that it attaches is to is welded on and non removable. Number 6 in your diagram is welded in place.

  5. #5heymccall2020-05-20 23:23

    Then you'll just have to do them in frame. It's not that difficult. Nut off, pin out, triangles out of the way, seals out, bushings out. Reverse. The bushing on mine weren't interference fit like on a bucket linkage. They drove in and out easily. Mine didn't need the pins, but the bushes were really worn on the top.

  6. #692U 34062020-05-20 23:25

    Myself I'd pull the bogey assembly out and do the bushings right there in the frame. I don't know how tightly they're in there but I'd expect having to air arc or cut them out with the gas axe. Most likely need some press gear or LN2 to get the new bushings in.

  7. #7bdog12342020-05-20 23:27

    Thanks. I guess I just wasn’t understanding how it was assembled. I did not know there were removable bushings inside of there. I thought the pin was being carried by the welded in place pieces.

  8. #8Bls repair2020-05-22 18:44

    When pulling bushings I like to weld around the inside of bushings unless they are worn so bad that the weld go through the bushing.