Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sany??

Kxnate ยท 2020-05-20 21:23

So a business in my town has started selling Sany equipment. Anyone have any experience with Sany??? Not looking to buy, just curiosity.

Replies12
  1. #1Kartal2020-05-21 01:38

    Some of my customers have Chinese Sany excavators and wheel loaders, they say not reliable machines but price is 25% of well known brands. I heard that Sany purchased German Putzmeister mobile concrete pump division.

  2. #2Vetech632020-05-21 07:04

    I have no experience with them but there is one here off the turnpike digging utility relocations. I saw it digging when I drove by for a few days, then all of a sudden a Komatsu excavator was there and the Sany was sitting. Its been sitting in the same exact spot for over a month. Draw your own conclusions. It looks new.........so my own conclusions are the following.......... 1. It is a demo machine and the customer hated it. 2. Its broke down and waiting for a repair. 3. Covid 19 related injury.

  3. #3suladas2020-05-21 13:21

    Either they are junk, or people are afraid to try them. A brand new 200 only got like $60k here at auction....

  4. #4Kiwi-truckwit2020-05-21 15:40

    I spoke to a guy with one a few years back, around about the 8 ton size if I remember right. He reckoned it was way underpowered, and you could hear the engine bog down when digging. It wasn't even digging particularly hard.

  5. #5catman132020-05-22 00:08

    you get what you pay for, if you want to weed your garden buy a sany, if you want to do work and find parts buy name brand

  6. #6Kxnate2020-05-22 13:12

    Wasn't that kind of them same sentiment towards Takiuechi when it first started showing up in the states?? Now there seem to be alot of happy Tak owners. Not arguing, just curious.

  7. #7mowingman2020-05-22 19:56

    I see quite a few Sany excavators around here in utility work. I do not know anything about them. If I were going to buy, I think I would get one on a "rent to own" basis. After a year or so, of rental, you would know if you wanted to own it.

  8. #8RollOver Pete2020-05-22 20:35

    A company I once worked for tried a Sany excavator a while back. It was about the size of a 400 Hitachi and i believe it was Cummins powered. The machine was brand new so sure, everything worked and everything seemed tight. Everything should be tight on a new machine, right. The machine did what the guy pulling the levers wanted it to do. Will this machine be a POS in 1000 hrs? I cant say. I doubt it will last as long as a CAT 245B with minimal care. I don't believe any of today's equipment will go 20000 before being sold for scrap or torched . The only thing I could see to be a negative strike on that new Sany was the fact that it required someone to add DEF. Unless someone can come up with way to automatically, remotely without any effort from a wanna be operator address the DEF issue, DEF machines will be problematic, high maintenance machines. It is for this very reason that the Sany machine didn't work out for us. What was and I'm sure still is an operator related issue quickly turned into a machine issue. Not paying attention leads to a machine going into LIMP mode. Not good.....especially since you cant fix stupid. It's true that you do get what you paid for. In this case, you stick some schmo in the cab who has no clue what the difference is between E and F on a fuel gauge and expect him to keep an eye on a DEF gauge? Dream on. Chances are when new..they may be a decent machine. They make "smart phones". How about a "smart machines" .

  9. #9RollOver Pete2020-05-22 20:37

    I cant tell you the number of times I felt just like Carl.

  10. #10Kxnate2020-05-22 20:51

    Haha

  11. #11suladas2020-05-23 00:27

    I will admit i've ran 2 machines out of fuel. One, it was a Deere 225 and shut off while loading onto trailer, the gauge only worked for roughly top half of tank then it would stay stuck on E and would have to gauge hours for when to refuel, it didn't run out, it was just low enough with the incline on the ramps and the pickup being at the front of tank it went dry. Other was my mini, same issue, reasonably low bad incline wrong way and runs dry. Both were a few years ago and never done it since!

  12. #12CM19952020-05-23 10:20

    Takeuchi invented the CTL and pioneered the mini-excavator. Wife and I actually met Mr Takeuchi at a Conexpo show several years back. He's a wee little fella.