Hello, I am a new-be here and was wondering if anyone has any experience with drive motors from LPS (Loader Parts Source) out of Elkhart Indiana? The drive unit I am pricing with them is supposedly a brand new unit but I could not get a clear answer on where they are manufactured. Has anyone here ever installed their products?
It could be reverse engineered. I think I read they've done that on some components. I got a drive motor (for a Thomas) from them at a significant discount from OEM and haven't had any problems with it at all except it was missing an o-ring on a plug to block off an optional work port. I just took an o-ring off the old motor. It was very well packaged in form fitting stiff foam. There are others who have had issues with them but the thread I'm thinking about, the issue has a lot to do with the customer. They clearly state not to take anything apart if there is an issue or warranty will be voided. The person posting not to deal with them had clearly started taking a component apart trying to find the issue themselves. Not sure what the issue was but that's kind of like shooting yourself in the foot and blaming the gun for going off on it's own. They have specific instructions for cores as well. I didn't need to send a core. Based on my experience I'd deal with them again.