Hello, I have a drive motor in my Case 40xt that seems to not be original and working properly. There is only a casting number on it: A X4996916-001-B Does anyone know what I have?
suggestion that you make your titles more descriptive. "Case 40xt Drive motor problems"
Some more info would help. Do you mean not working properly? Why do think it's not original and how many hours on the machine? What is the problem you're having?
There is no problem with this (left) drive motor. I believe it is not original to my 2003 40xt and was wondering if anyone could identify the manufacturer. It only has a casting number On the other hand my right side char-lynn motor is leaking oil into chain case and needs replacement.
I believe your A X4996916-001-B is an Eaton Char-Lynn 177-0011-005. See this Ebay posting for more information: New Oem Bobcat Eaton 177-0011-005 Hydraulic Motor X4996916 | eBay Hydraulic Motor X4996916. Bobcat Eaton 177-0011-005. Condition: New. We will make every attempt possible to resolve the issue if we made a mistake, (It happens). We appreciate your cooperation. www.ebay.com Here is another posting for the same motor at a bit better price: New Oem Bobcat Eaton 177-0011-005 Hydraulic and 47 similar items Priced $2,331.94 (compare at $2,425.00). New Oem Bobcat Eaton 177-0011-005 Hydraulic Motor X4996916 Condition: New Additional Info: "We Pride Ourselves In FAST Shipping And Prompt Customer Service" -WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET If the item up for sale is tested, we will state so c... www.bonanza.com
This manual might come in handy as well: https://images.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@hyd/documents/content/pll_1350.pdf
Thank You very much for all the info ThreeCW!! I'm not sure the one on Ebay listed for a Bobcat will fit my Case or not. Attached photo is of the Rt side leaking drive motor that needs to be replaced. Im beginning to believe that the left side motor might have been replace by the dealer (under warranty ??) when machine was new.
Here is a part number that supersedes that motor:
It's very possible a drive motor was changed and the replacement wasn't painted the OEM colour or given an OEM part number because it was sourced directly from the supplier (Char-Lynn). The 1st motor I had changed at a dealer came as a Char-Lynn with the Char-lynn part number and paint colour instead of the OEM number. The 2nd motor I ordered online I think was a reverse engineered motor to match the Char-Lynn. It was in stock and saved me over $1000 compared to getting a motor from the OEM. I would have had to wait at least 6 month's and possibly over a year to get a motor from the OEM or Char-Lynn. So far the non Char-Lynn motor is working just as good as the original.