LS170 will start and run in service position. In run position -nothing. The EIC lights up and belt is buckled, but it won't start in run. If the parking brake light and the seat belt light is flashing/on in the run position and buckled up,does that mean there is a problem with either of these 2 systems? Should there be voltage from the seat belt/ seat system that I could check? Any other ideas how to diagnose this? I do have a repair manual downloaded, but there seems to be 2 different wiring schematics, and neither one seems to be totally accurate. Thanks!
What do you mean run in service position? will not run in run position? If you mean it will run as long as it is cranked, I would guess that the fuel solenoid is only getting power in the crank position and not when it is in the run position. I would check to see if the fuel shut off opens when the key is put into the run position. I have a ls170, but never had any issues.
There are a lot of issues with the control boards in them. We have several of them at work. When they act all snafu more often than not it’s the board as all the inputs run through them. Know anybody with a similar machine you can swap panels with to see if that’s it? We send them off to IA when they need repaired. Often it’s just a broken tracer in the board.
Starts and runs in service position, but of course no bucket movement, floor pedals locked. When put to run position, the engine dies. Of course in run position and running the pedals should be unlocked. If I apply power to the pedal solenoids, they do unlock, and if I supply power to the injector pump in the run position, it will also run. So, something is causing the system to shut down when moved from run service to run. Again in the run position, it does not try to do anything, like something is causing a shut down.
Your dash must be different from mine. I just have a key, turn, glow plugs will count down, and then the start position, and it will spring back to the run position. I have had times that it will not move. I usually just take the seat belt off and re click it together.
If you sit in the seat and the board lights up the seat switch is working. If you buckle the seat belt and the light doesn't go out the seatbelt switch is toast. You can cut the seatbelt wires, sit in the seat and touch the the two wires together, if the seatbelt light goes out and you can start it the switch is your problem. (This is how the LX565 works but I'm guessing the 170 isn't much different?)
I don't believe the seat belt will cause a no run situation, it just won't unlock the functions of the machine. There are fuses behind a panel by the service/ run switch, but I can't remember if they would cause a problem. I know I replaced my main board 3 times in the 9 years I had my lx865 . I got it with 1900 hrs, and sold it with 4xxx hrs. You can by pass both the seat sensor and the lap belt with a jumper wire as stated above. If the board is lighting up in the run position when sitting in the seat, your seat sensor is intact. The problem then is probably the main board. They retail around 400.00 US$ . Sure would be handy if you could borrow one off another machine.
Junkyard mentioned IA. What or where is that? Thanks!
I'm interested in finding out what IA is too? Thanks
AG-Express electronics. They repair just about anything electronic you’ll find on equipment. We’ve sent several New Holland control boards to them. If memory serves back in my early years we used to send Gehl round baler control boxes to them as well. Good people to deal with, you’ll actually get a human on the phone that knows what they’re talking about!
Thanks!