Bought the machine from a dealer off rental. Unit had 1478hrs and now has 1528. It came with a new set of tracks (I saw them put them on) now the left track has completely delaminated. I'm the only one who uses this machine and it hasn't been beat to hell in back during those 50 or so hours Anyone else had this issue with OEM tracks?
Take it back to the dealer. They shouldn’t be coming apart like that
12 month warranty on new tracks. Contact your PSSR.
After making a bunch of phonecalls, I finally got a replacement track. Dear God that ** is heavy Thanks again!
So you bought a machine with new tracks that turned out to be trash, had to fight to get a new one then had to put the new one on yourself?
Sounds that way bit personally I'd be happy as a pig in mud that I didn't have to buy the new track
Standard OEM warranty on parts only covers the cost of the parts themselves, not the labour to remove and reinstall them. T'was ever thus and always will be.
I know that's usually the line but someone is hearing about it till they put my new track on the machine I just cut a check for if it's me. Maybe I'm just an SOB like that. Although the more dealers do stuff like that the better it is for me, new customers in the making. I love it when I hear... "You'd never believe what the dealer said/did..."
Oh I know where you're coming from, and you wouldn't be the first machine owner who's had warranty labour done "for free" only to have the free hours billed into the next chargeable invoice, if you know what I mean. There's no such thing as a free lunch. A lot depends on how big of a customer one is.
What I hate is when dealers change their policy but don't tell their customers. When I first got my skid steer the service was great and I really liked the salesman. I took it in for the free 500 hour service and a minor warranty issue and they completely washed the machine both times. It wasn't very dirty and I mentioned they even washed it. The shop foreman said it was just an extra value service they provide as long as the machine isn't caked in mud. The next time I took it in to have an anti-chatter damper put on the lift spool under warranty, they charged me 1-1/2 hours for washing it. Again it wasn't dirty from mostly spreading dry top soil and gravel. I questioned the shop foreman why I was all of a sudden being charged for washing it. He beat around the bush and said well it's something we sometimes do but not always. Tell the customer then or have it listed on the work order. It would have been about $6 at the car wash had I known. I figured they charged me for all 3 times they washed it. The more successful they got the more their service went downhill. All of a sudden the salesman I liked was no longer servicing my territory and I had to deal with some new guy. I went to rent a backhoe attachment and asked for the biggest bucket they had. The shop helper (who was a jerk) says, I should have told them that when I reserved the backhoe and said they didn't have a bigger bucket than what was on it. I saw a bigger bucket sitting on their rental rack. This was a hoe attachment for a skid steer. My machine was there to hook it up and it's too much trouble to take 5 minutes to change a 100lb. bucket. Later when they were going under I ran into one of the mechanics I liked at their auction. He said several employee's were cheated out of 3 month's salary. Even worse was he said the owner came in the lunch room and said that employee's are going to be docked pay for the last 6 month's because they were taking 15 minute coffee breaks (pretty much standard everywhere) but employment standards says only 10 minutes is mandatory! After hearing that, he quit the next day. He tried to get the 3 month's pay owning to him but figured it might cost as much as it's worth with no guarantee he'd get anything. I couldn't believe it. This place snagged the exclusive Kubota AG and construction dealership in a million+ territory a few years earlier when another shop closed and they ran it into the ground. There's poor management and then there's not having a clue what you're doing.
Thats crazy. Never seen that happen with new tracks.
It all depends on the dealership. Sime will try to help you out since the part failed. That could even be covered under warranty.
That does happen, I've had a couple dumper tracks do that over the last almost twenty years now. They build the tracks up in layers of different compounds that are partially cooked and then finish cook it all together to vulcanize it and bring all the layers to somewhere close to the design shore hardnesses. Typically when you see this it means they overcooked one layer and undercooked another. When the rubber spalls off in galf ball sized chunks or larger it means they overcooked the whole track.