2005 New Holland LS185.B Cranks normal but no start. went to go scoop up snow and it died just before the pile. had to use the override switch the dealer put in in order to get out of the door. Pulled the side panels and there's no air in the system, changed the fuel filter too and still nothing. any ideas? thanks
What do you mean by the over ride switch that the dealer put in?
Sorry for the delay post. Havent checked my emails. But In the first year we had the machine it was having a lot of problems and when the boom is raised, you can't open the door. One of the lead mechanics wires a switch in so we can crank it over and lower the boom if the engine stalls-all we need to do its flip the toggle, depress the pedal, and crank to raise/lower the boom
Have you cracked the lines at the injectors to see if you're getting fuel to them?
Is there any smoke from the exhaust when cranking?
I don't know this machine. If it was running and died suddenly, I would check for a fuel shutoff that quit. If it died slowly I would check for fuel delivery issue.
CHeck your fuel pump, and all the fuses that are associated with it, I had a bad fuel pump fuse/wire issue in my lx565, and ended up sending power to my fuel pump through an un-used fuse connection in engine compartment fuse box behind the fire wall.
Our skid did the same thing this winter. If the engine just dies like to you shut of the switch, could likely be it is the fancy computer module they put in it......... have your board pulled and tested. I think a new one is around 600. Moisture is not kind to the electronics on the newer series skids.