Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ls185b – skid steer – troubleshoot

chucke60 ยท 2012-12-02 11:53

I have a LS185B New Holland Skid Steer - it cut off on me and now will not crank. I am getting fuel in all lines - it just will not crank.

Replies5
  1. #1FullThrottle2012-12-15 21:55

    did it go yet? I have a LS 180 and have had the starter act up a few times. It did not want to start. It started working again and it been over a year w/out problems. It sounds like you have a breaker or electrical connection problem. Have you checked all the fuses and breakers? I assume you have it going by now

  2. #2MatthewG2012-12-16 22:50

    Many electric shut off switches, they do go bad and render the machine dead, try the one in the seat or the right handle

  3. #3stovein2012-12-17 09:37

    I have an '05 LS185.b that all of a sudden stopped working electrically. Turned out to be a plug-in diode located inside the main fuse box. It is black rubber and looks sort of like a 2-wire trailer hitch connector. I beleive there are two diodes in the fuse box. I keep a spare diode zip-tied to the wire harness next to the one that blew. New ones are $15 each. BTW when this happened in Oct of '05 this machine was trained-on by NH technicians. It took the dealer a week to find the problem ... This is a post from another forum, gives you one more thing to check out.

  4. #4Big Daddy T2023-08-08 11:16

    I have a LS 185B and all of a sudden it jammed and won't track unless i back up and then it will move at idle. it works find at high throttle.

  5. #5Georgepe52024-08-23 17:16

    I am working on an LS 185B and suspect there may be a problem with the fuel solenoid. There appears to be two of these on the unit and one is a cold start solenoid and one is the interlock fuel hold in solenoid. Can someone please tell me which is which. Attached is a picture, and I have a pink fuse holder, pointing to one of the solenoids in the rear area of the fuel pump.. the other solenoid is in the foreground. How difficult is it to replace a solenoid in the rear?