I have a 2005 John Deere CT332. It's always started right off in the past. I haven't run it in about a month so I tried to start it the other day but there wasn't any electrical power. I figured it was a dead battery so I tried to jump start it but I couldn't get it to turn over. It would try to turn over on the jump start but run out of enough juice to turn over. I figured the bad battery was still preventing it from starting so I got a new one. I can't get the old battery out with the lift arms down so I disconnected the old battery and connected the new battery via jumper cables to the battery cables on the machine. Figured I'd start the machine using the new battery, raise the lift arms, locked them in the up position, shut down the machine and then switch out batteries. It still wouldn't start with the new battery. I checked the glow plug 80a fuse because I've had problems in the past with it blowing and yep, it was blown. So replaced it and tried again. The dash lights lit right up. I turned key to energize the glow plug, then once glow plug icon dims I go to crank it and all electrical goes dead. No more dash lights... nada. If I disconnect and then reconnect the battery, the dash lights will come back on and I can go through the same routine with the same results. I checked the starter key switch and it seems to be working ok, replaced a corroded looking relay and swapped out the rest of the relays with known good ones but still no start. All electrical just goes dead when I turn the key. I can't even get the glow plug to energize. I ran the diagnostic codes on the dash and received two: F9P8 (google search leads me to believe this code means "parking brake open or shorted circuit") and F965 (I believe this code means "fuel level sensor input high"). Can anyone verify the meaning of these diagnostic codes to confirm what they mean? Could either of these codes cause the symptoms I'm experiencing? Could the F965 code be caused by a bad fuel shut off solenoid? My next step is to try to trace the parking brake solenoid circuit to determine if there's a short or open circuit. I also still need to troubleshoot the fuel shut off solenoid. Anyone else ever experience this issue with a Deere? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks in advance for any help.
May be relevant, may not. I had a bobcat with a bad fuel solenoid and it had the same symptoms. Replaced and all was good.
We have a ct 332 and never had this problem. I did have the same thing happen to our dump. Being that the lift pump is a real pain to get to and the pressure pump is even worse I'd look at the relay. When you crank the motor over do you get any smoke out of the exaust? If you have a leak in one of the fuel lines they might have bled off while sitting and you basicly need to prime the pump. I know if you run these machines out of fuel they take a loooooot of cranking to fire back up.
Thanks for sharing your experience with a fuel solenoid NCPipeline. Sounds like you had a similar issue and the new fuel solenoid fixed it.
Thanks buckfever. Unfortunately I checked the relays first and they were all good. I've had that happen too where the fuel lines bleed down while sitting and you have to prime again. My machine won't even crank the motor right now. As soon as I turn the key all electrical shuts off. I'm guessing the computer causes it to shut off as some kind of protection due to the error diagnostic codes. I wish I could say I never had it happen but I've run it out of fuel too and it was a major pain to get the ct332 primed and restarted. Not near as bad as my experience priming a diesel ford tractor years ago. I couldn't get the fuel pump to prime so in a last ditch effort I put my mouth to the fuel line and assisted. I think I can still taste the diesel fuel today. Nothing like a mouth full of diesel when you're already bummed out by mechanical problems. That ford tractor didn't have the nice plunger manual pumps like today's equipment. I put a call into the local dealer and hope the service tech calls back as she promised to confirm the meaning of my diagnostic codes. I guess I might as well price out a new fuel solenoid when she calls back.
G'day MoCat, it may sound stupid but have you checked your jumper leads, I have seen some jumper leads initially conduct power but when loaded further will open circuit this can be especially prevalent on crap quality leads that use steel brass plated clamps that get a little rusty, plus it is often difficult to get enough power and hence enough cranking speed through jumper leads alone to the battery. - sometimes the simple things can get overlooked. cheers
Good advice Wick! I'll definitely recheck them but I'm fairly certain that they're flowing adequate juice. Still, that's a good idea to first rule out the jumper leads as the problem.
Well I finally got the Deere running :thumbsup and guess what? Wick, you were right! :notworthy It was the jumper cables! :yup The jumpers were conducting juice but they evidently weren't conducting enough juice so that when I'd switch the key on, all electric would go dead. Like I said in my OP, I couldn't get the old battery out and the new one in because the lift arms were in the way ... but I managed to get the machine's battery cables extended just enough to slip them on the new battery with the new battery supported on a makeshift table right up next to the machine (old battery was still in the machine). Once started I could raise the arms to finally get the old battery out and the new one in. I've never seen a machine just shut off like that for lack of amperage. Usually they will try to crank or click the relays. What a relief when it finally started! Thanks everyone (especially Wick) for all your advice! Hope I might be able to help someone on here someday. Maybe this post will do just that. Here's some pics of her. new battery her idling and stretching her arms
I have list of the codes .I will sent you link for them so you have them .Some times they are listedc in the operators manual but not all the time .I have found this in the past.
Thanks tool_king! I would sure appreciate that. You're right. I have the Operation and Repair Manual, but mine doesn't contain the codes. I think the codes are definitely in the Test Manuals, which are pretty pricey. Here's a link to John Deere's site where those manuals can be purchased and downloaded in case anyone is looking for them: CT332 Manuals To tell you the truth I haven't been very impressed with the JD manual I have. There are a lot of things that it doesn't cover and when it does, it lacks clarity. However, I've been very happy with my local dealer and their service department. They have been extremely helpful with part orders and generous with their time giving service advice.
The older operators book has them .I also have the repair and test manuals is anyone needs them in pdf form.
Here is a list of the codes.Download link. http://www.4shared.com/photo/QJRu63rp/100_1276.html These will work on 317,325 and CT332 Guys feel free if you need repair manual or operation and parts book .I have them in pdf form.Just email me. Thanks ED
I would really like the test manual in PDF if possible to [email protected] . Thanks!
I could use a copy of the repair and test manuals for a ct322 track loader I could sure use a copy of the repair and test manuals for a ct322 loader thanks dave
djjdave1 What is you email address?
rewheeler manuals sent to you.
[email protected] Thanks Dave
I would really appreciate those pdf ct332 manuals as well. Thanks Tool king! [email protected]
djjdave1 and Critical Path I sent you both the manuals.Took four emails each to sent it to you . Thanks ED
tool_king is there anyway that you can send out one more set to [email protected] I happen to be looking for test manuals and code . already found and downloaded op manual. I brought used ct332 as is, first five minutes blew all the hyd fluid out rh drive, got it fixed w/o manual, two days later blew hyd line to same drive, (brought a bunch of new wrenches i thought i would never need) and right now I'm pasting all the troubles and fixes from this forum to review when the inevitable happens. any I would surely appreciate if you could send them to me. thanks.
bucketboy Manuals sent to your email . thanks ED
tool_king Id sure appreciate a copy of that manual if you don't mind. [email protected]
Dave, could I get a copy of the manual as well. [email protected]
tool_king, could you send me a copy of the manual as well. [email protected]
Pool man mike and Belooky I will send it over to you both.
Thank you tool_king
Get yourself a set of Deka 20' 2 gauge solid copper jumper cables and you wont have a problem jumping anything. Not cheap around $80. Steve
MoCat. Having the same issue but need some help when you are talking about "jumper cables" what cables are referring to? Appreciate the helpful
Hi Gofigger. Sorry to hear about your situation. When I spoke of "jumper cables" I meant a set of booster or jumper cables that have the large clips on each end that are used for jump starting a weak or dead battery in one vehicle with the healthy battery from another vehicle. The cables that I was trying to jump start my CT332 with were a light (maybe 8 gauge wire) pair and just couldn't conduct the amperage needed to start it. Like mountainlake said, I really needed something like a 2 gauge heavy duty booster cable to be able to jump start it. I eventually got mine running by buying a new battery, setting it on a makeshift table right next to the old battery in the machine, and then connecting the new battery directly to the existing battery terminals on the machine. I don't have any electricity in my barn or else I would have simply tried to charge the old battery while it was still in the machine.
Look - you said you're having a problem with the glow plug circuit - right? Every time you hit the key with a good GP fuse oit blows - right? Well then, why don't you replace the glow plug solenoid? 1. There's no such thing as a glow plug "shorting out" It is NOT possible! They're like light bulbs - they BLOW!!! 2. Stop the skid loader here for a minute, though! If a solenoid coil burns up it CAN short out to the outside of the case!!! The primary circuit on a solenoid isn't fused to anything!! 3. Replace the glow plug solenoid and see what ya' have. If you look at it, I'll bey ya' it looks just like a 1970's $15 Ford starter solenoid!!!! But Bamby Deere will want 4 times that for it! If the solenoid replacement doesn't fix it, it's time for a trip to the Deere store!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Rodbuilder - Hey thanks for your advice about the glow plug and solenoid. What's weird is after I got it running, I've not had any further problems with the glow plug fuse. But, if I get some free time, I will take a look at the glow plug and the solenoid just to inspect their condition. I hear ya about how highly Bamby Deere thinks of its parts and changes accordingly for them ... always wants a whole lot of these things = $$$$.
Moscato. Thanks for clarifying for me. That is what I thought but wanted to make sure. I am having similar issue with my 322 so posted under new thread to hopefully get some tips
Tool king I need a repair manual and test manual for a deere CT322. email: [email protected]
I would really like Manuel also [email protected]
tool_king hey tool king, could you please send themanuals to me as well? thanks! [email protected]
Manuals Hi, I could also use a copy of those manuals as well. I have a CT332 than has "Right Joystick Not In Center". I am getting a code 1/1 JSR 2660.14? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Murphy [email protected]
ct322 service manual Hello, any chance you can email me A copy ? [email protected] Thanks !
Jdkamps what are you looking for .Model number would help.
operation or service ?
JDCT322 ..Service Hello, Looking for the service / test manuals.....for the JDCT322 Thank you ! [email protected]
Jdkamps John Deere Ct322 manuals were emailed to you.
Service manuals I would also like to get a service manual and owners manual ect [email protected]
Service manuals Tool-King I would also like to have service/test manuals for my JD CT322..
Service Manuals Tool-King I would also like to have service/test manuals for my JD CT322. [email protected]
Service manuals...Hey Tool_King I would love to have a copy of those service/test manuals as well for my JD ct322 that would be much appreciated! Can you send them to my business email [email protected]
Thank you for the quick response! Just curious , I'm assuming the ct332 manuals you sent me are the same as the ct322?
I know this is an old post, But I have 2006 CT322 that I was using and shut it off to disconnect the Aux hydraulics and then it would not start again. Getting codes F9P8 and F9D5. Will check relays and fuses tonight. Turning on the key, I hear a solenoid click over my left shoulder. Turning the key to start, I just get a click, starter does not engage. Any help would be appreciated. Please send me a copy of the service and test manual. [email protected] Thank you.
Manuals where emailed you. F9P8 Park brake output open or shorted to power . F9D5 engine coolant imput at 5 volts .
Thank you for getting those to me.
You are welcome .
Service manuals... Tool_King I would love to have a copy of those service/test manuals (TM2211). I have a CT322 that has an intermittent hydraulic lockout issue I am trying to track down. Can you send them to [email protected] . That would be very much appreciated!! Thanks Robert
R Robert Manuals were emailed to you .
Tool_king, received them and already making headway towards a fix. A world of thanks!!
Tool_king would you happen to have manuals for 2010 John Deere 318d? Keep getting HCU codes and intermittent bucket curl speed issues I need to troubleshoot. Any help would be appreciated.
Yes I have it .What is your email address ?
Sorry havent been checking back, email is [email protected] . Thank you.
Brain manuals emailed to you .
I have the same issue F9P8 Park brake output open or shorted to power on my JD317, and the machine is not moving, Can anybody help me on this, Thanks
tool_king. Can you please send those manuals for a ct332? its [email protected] Thank you so much
I would also like to have a copy of both manuals for the ct332 emailed to [email protected]
Ill bet all you guys that own these Deere skids are leaking antifreeze.
Tool_king . I could use any manuals you could help with for my 2007 ct 332. Email is [email protected] the engine will start and run for about 2 seconds and die . if I continue cranking through the first stall it will start and stay running, but as soon as i click in the seatbelt and push park brake , the display flashes blank and dies then I hear a clicking noise. when i check the codes on the display it is showing codes F985 , F9D5 , F9K8, F974 , and F9P8 Thanks Charlie
Welcome to HEF Charlie ! The code that concerns me is the F974. That is for the alternator overcharging. If you measure the voltage coming out of the large wire on the alternator and it exceeds 16 V then the monitor will shut down to protect itself. Monitor shuts down, engine shuts down. The other codes could be from a bad ground. Most of the grounds will be found attached to the flywheel housing near the starter (accessed from under the cab). Also check your battery cables, connections at battery as well as battery ground cable to the machine and to the block. Should have started a new thread rather than piggy back another.
Check all the wiring harness and all the connections.I took a brand new 332 off the lowbed at the dealer and it was doing the same thing.I pulled apart one of the connectors behind the dash and it was full of water. It had rusted away one of the pins and making an intermittent connection. At Deere quality is job one. I shouldn't complain though those things kept us busy for a long time.
Hi Tool_king. Will you also send me the ct 332 manuals. I’m at [email protected] . Thanks!
ToolKing, would be very appreciative to get CT322 manuals. Trying to hunt down a condition where it stalled while in use and now won’t crank over to start.
I know this is a very old post- hoping for some assist on the same issue. Do you know if the park brake solenoid is the same part number as the bucket lock and boom spool lock solenoid for the CT322? Also would love a copy of the service manual. [email protected] thanks!
Welcome to HEF tshepard1 ! Please start a new thread if you have an issue you would like to try and resolve. No, they are different part numbers. Look at the 2 attached parts pages. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/65667/referrer/navigation/pgId/2694427 https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/65667/referrer/search/pgId/2722590
Thank you- greatly appreciate the links!
Manuals emailed.
wow, Tool_King I appreciate this so very much!
Thanks a bunch!!
Welcome.Let me know if you are looking for other manuals as well .
@tool_king I would love a copy of the manuals sent to [email protected] . thanks in advance!
tool_king, I was searching for the manuals for the ct332 and ran across this thread, I'm a Auto mechanic in Roundup Montana, and one of my customers brought me his loader for service. anyways I would really appreciate any manuals on this if you wouldn't mind. thanks [email protected]
Could you send me a copy of the manual? Thanks
Sending it to you . Emailed
What your email ?
[email protected] . Thanks!
[email protected]
I would like a emailed copy too please. [email protected]
Hey Tool_king. I am also in search of ct 332 manuals. If you wouldn't mind sending me a copy as well, that would be of great help. Thank you in advance.
Would you mind sending the CT332 manuals to [email protected] . I have an F9J8 code and I can’t get the parking brake to disengage and activate the hydros
My email is [email protected]
Hi Tool_King. Looking for Ct332 manuals as well! [email protected] I am having issues after trying to start my ct332 in freezing cold the other day...it turned over very slow and then nothing. Charged bat, checked fuses and ignition switch. Limited - do to boom being down. Got my backhoe lined up to try and get cab up to access relays, but thinking I shoud let warm up some more? Machine still 32° so gonna see if warming up might help. No cranking currently wondering if being too cold prevents machine from cranking? Thanks for the manuals if you can share...you rock either way!! Helped so many on this site..I'm sure they apreciate you greatly.
Tool_king if you still have a manual I could use 1, atheist the wiring schematics please sir.. [email protected]
Not sure if this helps you Tom. But I had a few wiring diagrams I shared.
My issue turned out to be a bad starter which was easy to test by jumping from battery to starter. And if anyone wants to know I changed out the starter from the side panel being removed and the boom down...it is a reach but possible.
tool king could send a copy ct332 manual to me [email protected] having shutdown problems could be be electoral are code
@tool_king I would really like a copy of the CT332 service manual. [email protected]
If anyone has had an issue with the 20A ACC fuse blowing immediately when key turned, I would appreciate a direction for fixing. I have unplugged just about everything I can find and still blows... guessing a chaffed wire...??
Manuals emailed
@tool_king ; would you please email me the service manuals with trouble codes to [email protected] Thank you for your support!
Hello Tool King, any chance you might have manuals for 2007 CT322? If so please send to [email protected]
On the way
Thank you. I sent you what I have.