Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

LSG423 engine question

Guinter810 · 2022-10-16 23:19

I have a case 1830 skidsteer that someone repowered with a lrg423 2.3L industrial engine. the ignition coil went out today and wanted to do a tune up. Would I be able to go to the parts store and get ford 2.3L auto parts to fit this engine. Was thinking maybe like a 1980 pinto 2.3 or 1983 ranger or mustang 2.3L

Replies2
  1. #1Birken Vogt2022-10-17 01:30

    Any of those would likely be a good choice. I have gotten coils from later model ones by looking up a Ranger.

  2. #2Guinter8102022-10-17 07:59

    That’s what I’m thinking also. Looking parts up online and early 80s ranger pinto and mustang all look the same. Going to try after work and see if I can match something up with my current parts. The coil won’t be an issue it’s a basic 12v coil not sure what ohm rating they usually run but figured If I stick with a stock one I should be ok