Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 50d

BackwoodsBilly · 2022-10-17 08:30

Hello This 50 mini Excavator has lost digging power , some simple research it seems to be the relief valve bypassing has anyone changed this cartridge at the control center wondering how difficult it will be

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612022-10-18 12:26

    Welcome to HEF Backwoods ! First, make sure your pattern selector valve is not stuck somewhere in the middle. Has pressure been checked with a gauge?

  2. #2BackwoodsBilly2022-10-18 13:13

    Is the pattern selector valve in the same block as the relief valve from my understanding the valve for the pressure has a nut with an Allen screw in the middle of it and no we haven’t checked pressure really don’t know how to do that one and Thank you for the reply

  3. #3mg23612022-10-19 04:44

    Pattern selector valve, if that machine has that option, is behind the panel that is under the seat. It has a lever on it that in one position is he Excavator pattern, or Backhoe pattern in the other position. If it somehow got placed in the middle, it can affect the operation of the machine.

  4. #4BackwoodsBilly2022-10-19 08:19

    Ok I’ll check it out btw I’m trying to help out a friend , I personally have not been able to run the machine yet but he does say all operations seem to be fine except for digging pressure thank you appreciate it

  5. #5BackwoodsBilly2022-11-26 08:15

    So I was able to run the machine , the pattern selector was in the Deere control position, not sure what the other selector position is seemed like cat controls , but machine trams fine all stick functions work but when I buried the bucket in loose dirt it curled good but struggled pulling up also it has a hydraulic thumb and when grabbing a loose tree stump the thumb cylinder pressure would actually release on its own thus loosing grip power which I have never seen before , any suggestions would be appreciated

  6. #692U 34062022-11-26 12:47

    Get out the gauges and start checking pressures. If low, try and set them to spec and see how it performs.