I'm looking for better versions of these lubrication schedules for my machine. These are posted in the foot well opposite the door, but they are worn off and I don't want to miss any grease locations. I've done image searches and read through the manual, but I can't find another copy of it anywhere.
What’s the Serial Number, just to get the correct illustration.
RKY00600. Thank you, sir.
That there is the part number for the sticker - 3826356. I'm seeing it available from Cat for under $20. Also a pic of the original. It should be in your operators manual under Maintenance section - service interval chart.
What reference of Operation & Maintenance manual do you have.? The correct one for your machine is Publication reference SEBU8746. I found the identical illustration that CMark posted above in the section of the manual entitled "Service Interval Chart".
Thank you, Nige! That's perfect and extra info I didn't even know I would want!
Thank you Cmark! I think I see now. I have the "Service Manual" for this machine. It does not include that section. I do have an Operation And Maintenance Manual for SEBU8407 289C skid steer and it has that chart for that machine on page 125. I suppose that makes sense because we need to regularly grease in the field and bring it in for service. I gotta get that manual now. Thanks again, thank you both!
If you don't have SEBU8746, see here. All are genuine factory manuals for the machine in various formats. An O&M can be had for less than $50 on CD, slightly more in paper form. Official Caterpillar Service Manuals, Owners Manuals (OMM), and Parts Books for Engine & Construction Equipment Repair Official OEM Caterpillar factory service repair shop manuals, parts books, and operator manuals for sale for all Cat engines and machines. www.servicemanualpro.com
Whoa! You helped me again! I just knew I had bought that manual years ago and thought I had seen that chart in it, and I was happy at the time, because the one in the machine is worn out, but then in the past few days I couldn't find it again at all anywhere. Thought I was going crazy and I came to you guys for help. I searched my computer deeper using that manual number you just posted and my email for it and I found it!! It was in a different "Excavator" folder on my hard drive! I didn't know what all the symbols meant meant in the chart above cmark posted, but now I know what they are, because the manual goes into more detail. I've attached a screen shot including those symbols in case it helps anyone in the future. And now for a little back story and sincere thank you... I got this machine in 2019, just before covid hit and the project came to a hard stop. I'm just this year getting back into it. The machine sat there for years. You two both helped me get the bucket going, parts I needed and more back then, and I remember you both. You've been helping people around here for so long. I'm so glad you're still here and okay and made it through that mess too. The machine sat there for years. The battery died several times. I had just changed all the fluids and filters, except the final drive oil, which I got done yesterday! I moved it all around and tested for leaks and heard some squeaking yesterday I hadn't heard before, even though I've only run it 4 hours in the past 4 years. I hope I didn't cause any lasting damage to it. I neglected it and hope I don't regret it, I thought it was a goner and I had a lot of fear I had wasted all that money, ... it still has half a tank of fuel that was in it when I bought it. I bought a battery charger and healed it up. Thought I was going to need a new one, but the NOCO Genius 5 healed it right up! Reinstalled the healed battery, turned the key hoping for the best and it started RIGHT UP! I was elated! I was ... omg I can't believe it, this machine is so strong. How do they even do it? It's so durable. I can't even believe it right now. Is that because it's a Cat? Because it's diesel? Are all heavy equipment built with this kind of durability? To sit there for years and be totally fine?? Wow. Cars can't do that. Anyway... That machine is so impressive. I didn't even know what I was buying. I feel so lucky to have it. People have stopped by my place for years asking to buy it. "Sorry, man, nah, I'm going to need it eventually." It's worth double now what I paid for it. I'm glad no one offered what I would have taken. Everything about this industry just blows my mind. I'm in awe about all of it. I mean even just the idea of changing the earth into a new earth. It's so powerful. A super power! ... and this machine is tiny! You guys are probably thinking, "Noooob!" hahaha. It's true though. Today I'm on to greasing and I have lots of brush to clear, trees to remove. I have a rake being fabricated right now. I don't know if you two really compre... maybe you do..., anyway, I was going to say... comprehend the magnitude of the impact your help here gives people in this incredibly complex industry. I had no idea how intimidated I should have been at the time I bought this machine. Just everyone told me I needed it to clear a forest and build a house and I dove in head first. You guys have kept me from drowning. Thank you so much for all you do.