Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lucas DES injector pump throttle return spring

paperboy4828 · 2022-10-31 15:35

I had a stuck fuel cut off in a Lucas DES injector pump. I foolishly took the arm and throttle return clock spring off the outside of instead of just disconnecting the throttle linkage. I searched and found a post "Lucas CAV Throttle Linkage Question" where thepumpguys said there was a trick to getting the spring back on (and under the correct tension). I saw on a different search and a different pump, but similar clock spring where a wire was used to tension the spring and get the end up on the throttle arm. Any chance someone could share a procedure to help me out?

Replies2
  1. #1thepumpguysc2022-11-01 19:18

    I wouldn’t know how to tell you.. If u wanted to send it to me, id b happy to put it together..

  2. #2paperboy48282022-11-01 21:50

    Well, I have a great diesel shop near by, and time is critical. Thanks for the offer, I’ll give it a go, and if need be run it down to my local shop. Enjoy!