Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lucas Oil Products–Anyone Use it??

farmboy555 ยท 2007-07-11 09:52

Just would like to some feedback on Lucas OIl Products. Do you use it? Is it worth the money?? Thanks Dennis

Replies8
  1. #1RollOver Pete2007-07-11 15:40

    Lucas is good stuff. Been using their products for years. :cool2

  2. #2crash9352007-07-11 18:20

    Finally had them add it on my last oil change last weekend. Noticed a blow by problem when idling and it seamed to help with my brothers truck so i had them throw some in. Ran the truck about 400 miles today and stopped for a break and a walk around and didnt notice half of the smoke from blow by that i would usually see. Will start keeping an eye on it to see if it realy makes a differance in the long run. By the way, it went into a 70 series Detroit with 726,000 miles on it.

  3. #3smalltime2007-07-11 21:04

    I have used their "Red & Tacky" grease. I like the stuff. I think it has a 500 degree drop point. It seems to work real well in the summer. I have never tried the oils, but I have heard some good things about it.

  4. #4salesrep2007-07-12 21:39

    Discussed in depth here. http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=884052&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

  5. #5LowBoy2007-07-13 23:31

    Just the opinion of one here, but I'm a Lucas products fan. I've been using it for a long time in heavy duty applications, and faithfully use it in my pickup trucks as well. My '01 F-150 gets a fresh quart in place of a quart of regular syrup every oil change. Seems to increase the oil pressure in my wife's Jeep Cherokee with a couple hundred thousand miles on it's 4.0 motor too. I'm getting ready to drop all the fluids out of this '01 F-150 and replace the diff's and transfer case oils with Lucas next. Like my daddy used to say..."It'll either cure it, or kill it..."

  6. #6farmboy5552007-07-15 09:38

    Thanks for the feedback, going to give it a try. Dennis

  7. #7Captain Morgan2007-07-20 00:29

    Lucas works! I tried the stop slip in a dodge 1500 w 325k on AT. I was slipping horribly, poured in and drove slip free for 40k more and sold it!

  8. #8farmboy5552007-07-30 20:13

    Update----Change oil in my L7000 Ford with 3208 cat. Added the Lucas to the oil change and it has stopped the smokeing that I had when I first started it up. So as of now it was money well spent. dennis