Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

lull 644 b carriage tilt troubleshooting

Charle Burger · 2025-05-05 10:24

My beautiful Lull has a hiccup. Carriage tilt suddenly quit working. leaning fully left now and joy stick not responding. What might be my issue? thanks

Replies7
  1. #1tractormech2025-05-07 20:35

    Whats your model and serial number? Are you talking about the small cylinder on the forks?

  2. #2Charle Burger2025-05-08 09:06

    97213N21-188 Lull 644B-42. The issue is with the chassis tilt joystick not responding. It was a "sudden quit" issue and machine went to full left lean when I toggled the joystick to level the chassis a bit. Currently with lift running at idle if the joy stick is in left tilt position it forces engine to labor as if under extra load. Manually holding lever to center or right position stops laboring engine but chassis will not level. All other hydraulic functions appear normal, there are no leaks, and the main return filter is less than 100 hrs used. Thanks, I am pleasingly surprised anyone is try to assist.

  3. #3tractormech2025-05-08 09:36

    Sent pm

  4. #4eastroad2025-05-08 14:40

    I had brake work to do on an 844, and I found a place online where I could access and read or print out a parts book. I’ll look later and see if I can find that site. Maybe there is service information also.

  5. #5Vetech632025-05-08 19:12

    Your sway control is electric over hydraulic. Follow your sway cylinder hoses to the control valve then check the solenoid coils.

  6. #6tractormech2025-05-09 12:32

    You say everything else works. Does it move when you put it in low gear? If you go to second does it upshift or just go into neutral? If it goes into neutral you may have a power feed, relay, proximity switch or wiring issue.

  7. #7Charle Burger2025-05-10 09:56

    Thanks all other functions work as expected no matter what position the chassis level stick is in. It does take more power to execute work if the joystick is in neutral or lean left but all still work. Thanks I need to figure out how to test the coil now.