Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lull 644b-37 having electric troubles

Stanerdan · 2014-11-24 19:10

I have a 98 lull with jd non turbo 3 speed transmission. I'm having trouble with rear oscillation lock. With boom down and both proximity sensors working my transmission is in 3rd gear. If I raise the boom until that rear osc flips of then I can shift from 1st and second gear. I replaced both sensors and are opening and closing as usual.according to the jlg parts diagram there is a couple Osc relays and trans ecu. But I have no idea where on the unit they are located. I got into circuit board and found nothing wrong or related to the problems. Anyone have related trouble and or advice thanks

Replies3
  1. #1icestationzebra2014-11-25 00:49

    Could it go into third with the boom raised previously? The manual shows that 3rd is locked out when the boom is >20°. ISZ

  2. #2Stanerdan2014-11-25 07:11

    I do not no I never tried operating in 3rd above 20. Mid September I was using it and the tranmission declutch sensor went out so I put a new one on. That worked the mid October was in use and I couldn't get it to move on soft jobsite. I had to go over the garage once the boom set that sensor off it went to first. I changed the osc lock sensor and it didn't do anything.

  3. #3djack2015-01-25 17:03

    you said raise the boom, did you meaner lower?