Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lull 644e42

dtsinc! ยท 2018-11-25 18:13

I have a lull 644e42. It has the zf trans and axles. It makes an awful noise when coasting in 2nd hear and above. It gets worse the faster/higher gear only on deceleration. Doesn't seem to do it in first gear. I've checked all the fluid levels. Sounds like from transmission or chain box area. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1Dalmatia2018-12-19 12:07

    Did you figure out the problem yet?

  2. #2dtsinc!2018-12-19 20:39

    No, I haven't had time to mess with it. I was hoping someone else had a similar problem.

  3. #3Dalmatia2018-12-19 23:20

    E series were known for differentials going out. Drain the fluid out of them and see if you find any debris or chunks.

  4. #4rondig2018-12-20 01:48

    Yep that is what i was gonna say crown and pinion will get louder on deceleration