I scored an owner/operator manual and ran it across the scanner. This is publication #P09980. There's no publication date on it, but this manual is obviously for the earlier model 644 and 844 Telehandlers. The dashboard and controls in the pictures are similar to my machine, circa 1992. 32 pages. Can email it to you in pdf format. J. Stewart
I'll take it Did you get it on Ebay for about 6.50? Thanks! How's the machine coming along?
manuals here is a link to the jlg site with all the parts service and operation manuals for all the brands made by jlg http://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManuals/Browse.aspx
no older 644 844 manuals are there.
Yeah, I bought the manual on the online auction. Progress on my 644 has been very slow, mainly because I've been distracted by other obligations. I'm still in the middle of rebuilding the right rear hub and I haven't even started on the leaky hydraulic cylinders yet. I will refocus on it when the heat and humidity subsides and after I dump a couple of other projects. I may have to hire someone to do those hydraulic cylinders. I don't have the tools or experience to adress them.
Thanks for the manual you sent. Cylinders are not bad to do. Heat is killing me today I was soaked changing a wheel on the Lull and moving somethings in my yard. If I do another cylinder soon I will photo graph it all. Up here in NY they rape you to do a cylinder.
I am looking for information about a Lull 644 TT 34, and I saw your comments on this site. I am interested in the owner/operators manual that you mentioned, if you still have it available. What I really would like to know is what engine is in this thing. It is a 4 cyl diesel, and I am told that it is not a JD. It has a Delphi injection pump if that means anything to anyone. I am new to this forum, so I would appreciate any help that I could get. Thanks!
Can you provide a couple of pictures of your machine?
what year is it or serial number? John Deere Lulls start with JD XXXXX number. They serial number may give you a clue.
Probably a Deutz F4L912 engine, 230 cu. in. Give me an email address and I'll email the manual to you.
I have taken some pictures, and I will try to get them on soon. I am not very good at some of that stuff. Thanks!
I talked with the owner of the machine, and he tells me that the engine is a Perkins. I don't know about the serial number. I have a number that is something like P563NF; it was right beside the model number in the cab.
My email is [email protected] . Thanks!
644 pictures I will try to get these pictures to load.
I just purchased a 1988 844 Lull. I am so much in need of a manual. I am very willing to buy one. Does anyone know where I can find a manual? Thanks
The manuals are all online now http://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManuals/browse.aspx?path=Lull/Lull Telehandlers&title=PDF Manuals&refkey=http%3a%2f%2fonlineexpress2.jlg.com%2fOLEUI%2fQuickLink.aspx%3fqlkey%3dONLINEMANUALS2&link= You will need your serial number to know where the numbers break. Hope that helps!
I just bought a 1990 Lull. Would you mind emailing me your manuel. I also need a new seat, tool box door etc, if you know where to look. Thanks Dean [email protected]
try webequipment.com they do salvage on Lulls your 1990 is a B model correct? If so the manual will not be for your machine. There are usually some on ebay
new to the forum and noticed the manual offer. i have a 844 tt 34 and would like a manual if the offer is still good. thanks my email is [email protected]
I have recently acquired a 1989 Lull 844 and am looking for Parts / Service / Operator Manuals
You can buy a manual on ebay for an ungodly sum or I can email you one for free. PM me your valid email address. Post some photos of your machine and tell us about any problems you are having. J. Stewart
1989 Lull 844 Hi: Joe The 1989 Lull 844 paperwork is being processed @ US Customs & then the Trucking Home is my next Challenge I will Post some Photos @ a Later Date when the Machined arrives Home Regards Myles [email protected]
Hello all, I have a 1999 Lull 644D-34 Highlander with a leaking boom extend cylinder. After pricing a rebuild of the cylinder I have decided to take it on myself. Has anyone rebuilt this cylinder? My main concern is that the local lift repair shop says that both counter balance valves must be replaced. They also said seal kits are not available for the valves. Can anyone shed some light? I am just a couple of tips/ tricks away from getting started. Thanks in advance, Rick
My boom extend cylinder leaks also, but I have not mustered up the gumption to rebuild it (I can tolerate the leak, for now). When the time comes, however, I will do it myself following the procedure in the manual. Did the local lift repair shop tell you the reason why they recommend replacing both counterbalance valves? On my machine (circa 1990 644), those valves are not servicible (they cannot be disassembled, and there is no "rebuild kit" for them). They are also very expensive (I think I recall them being about $550 apiece). Question: If you extend your boom skyward and shut off the machine, leaving it in this position for an extended period of time, will the inner boom slowly telescope back into the outer boom? If it holds it position over several hours, doesn't this suggest that the counterbalance valves are still good? Is it possible that the repair shop routinely replaces them for liability reasons? What city are you located? I'm in Lafayette.
Joe, The local lift repair shop said that both valves must be replaced...I am sure it is mostly a liability concern as you stated. It holds position just fine. The cylinder actually started leaking (along with cylinders on other equipment) after that hard freeze last winter. The shop manager did say that they may not be able to re-insert the piston with out removing at least one of counter balance valves. According to my estimate, the valves are 1200 for both including installation. That is 200.00 more than the mob/ demob and seal repair/ replace. I am sure there is a trick to this. I noticed that you said you will follow the repair procedure in the manual and from what I have read above I may be able to find one on this forum. Any suggestions on where to find the manual for my machine? Know of anyone on this forum that has performed this service on a LULL 644D-34? I am in Baton Rouge...actually just finished a custom home (about a year ago) in Youngsville. Just a couple more months for LSU football... Thanks again, Rick
Hello, I was wondering if you would be so kind as to send me the manual? My boss has been trying to find it for about a week and a half now and he would love me if I was able to get it for him. My email address is [email protected] I would gladly appreciate it!
644 highlander manual. Ive checked the jlg site link. It shows no manual. Does anyone know where to get one or send me a pdf copy. Maccol
Is your 644 an early model? If so, I have a some manuals. What year was your Lull made? I'll need an email address in order to send anything.
lull
Lull 644 Highlander 11 I need a copy of the operators/service manual for the Lull Highlander. Thanks Roger Southerland [email protected]
I found several manuals online for the 844C and 644E and 644b but I need the manuals for the Lull 644D-34. Could I please get the copies from you. I am having a problem blowing fuses and the circut panel started to smoke. It quit running. When we started it back up, it wouldn't move. I could really use some manuals to troubleshoot the problem. I have had three mechanics work on it and they cannot figure it out. Thank you so much! Anne [email protected]
hellow .my mame is rick and I am trying to wire damage wires to a lull 644d-34 ser # 99al25w24-651 please if you have schematic .wiring for cab to engine and trany thank you my email is [email protected]
looking for pdf file service manual for Lull highlander II 644 with a JD engine. Having an power train issue, shuttle builds air presure? starts to move then loses power, shut it off and the vent on the shuttle releases air. do I have to rebuild the tranny? or do I have air locked in it some where? can any body shed some insight?
k-vanman, that's a highlander II? A 644? Not sure what you mean in the description of the problem. Can you clarify? I can help you with the pdf of the manual, if it applies to your machine. PM me if you prefer.
If you could be so kind, I'm looking for any operations or service manuals for a 68-72 vintage Lull 400 / 7C series lift with a Chrysler 225 Even an early 644 manual might be of help as it looks like the control panel is the same. Gary [email protected]
Hello, I am new to this forum and have owned this lull for a couple of years now. I love it. I would like some manuals if anyone has any for my model. Its a 644B-37 SN-97V12N21-823 My email address is [email protected] Thanks for any help you guys can provide. Travis
Here's the link to JLG downloadable manuals. Is there anything here that will apply to your machine? http://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManuals....jlg.com/en-US/Maintenance.Repairs.html&link= My manual does not cover the 644B
Thank you, JOE!
I am looking for the operation manual for a Lull 644 Highlander II. I am told that there is supposed to be a letter after the 644, but I could not see one on the ID tag. Can anyone help me out with this? I see JLG has a 644B available in their manuals, but mine doesn't say 644B. My email is: [email protected] Thanks!!
I need a service manual for a 644D-34. Thanks. [email protected]
Hi Joe, I'm looking for a manual for my '94 644 Highlander ll. It has the Cummins engine and a German made trans that I can't remember the name of (starts with Z, I think.) I've been trying to troubleshoot a vexing intermittent problem that I think is electrical, and a manual might help me figure it out. Thanks for your help. Spock [email protected]
Is it a 644E? Look here to see if one of these manuals help you: https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManual...sapps.jlg.com/OnlineManuals/Browse.aspx&link= http://www.jlg.com/en-US/Home.html The 644E had a "ZF" tranny, I think.
Thanks, Joe. I'll see if I can figure out what model designation it is for sure. I believe you're right about the trans being a "ZF".
Hi, I would like this manual. My email address is : [email protected] Thanks so much!!! - Joe
Owner's Manual 844B Hey,I own a vintage model of 844B and is in the need of your manual. Can you send? Thanks. John
Sure, I'll need an email address to send it to....
Hi, I'm new to the site and am hoping to get a copy of the Lull 844 TT 34 manual, s/n is D0983T11. Does anyone know the year it was made? Any info about this model would be helpful! Just got it and I'm ready to start fixing a few leaks... Thanks, Mike [email protected]
I am also looking for op/service manual for my 644TT-34. It has a perkins engine, but I don't know the specs. Anyone know the HP? Or what model perkins used? Thanks in advance. [email protected]
I'll take a copy thanks [email protected]
I am doing the same thing with a 844 had a hydrolic firm rebuild the cylinders at $1000.00 each but now the machine doesn't want to move and has no power to the wheels The axles are rotating and the machine will move very slowly but it has no power to go even on a slight grade any thoughts?
Have you made sure that your transmission is filled with tranny fluid to the "full" mark on the dipstick? Rebuilding those cylinders shouldn't have any effect on your machine's ability to move. Not to my knowledge at least. I own a 644 and I have no first hand experience with the 844. Can I email you the service manual and owner's manual?
i just bought a 95' lull 644 but didn't get the owners manual with it. does anyone have one in pdf I could get?
my email address is [email protected] I don't know much about the machine I bought except its usefulness on the jobsite. it runs fine but I would like to maintain it according to the manual.if anyone could email me the manual or direct me as to where I could locate one that would be greatly appreciated
I posted that I needed a manual about 20 minutes ago and someone named sean sent it to me already! awesome thanks so much
manual hello, can you send me a manual for a lull 844? my email is [email protected] thanks
Hello, I bought a Lull 644 with a few quirks and would greatly appreciate a copy of that manual. thanks, [email protected] Mark
I am a new member, just purchased a 1996 Lull 644TT 34 Highlander, with transmissions problems. JLG has manuals on line, but NOT for this older machine. It has a Deutz engine, and a Fink transmission. As I said the 644 manual on the JLG web sight does not go back before the E model. There are parts manuals on line for it, but I am unable to locate a service manual. Does someone have a PDF file that they would send me, or point me in the right direction where I could find one. Thanks in advance. I enjoy reading about all the posts, we can learn from each other.
Ps. Forgot to include my e-mail address. 8-( sorry [email protected] Any help would be appreciated.
Greetings from Sweden. I just bought a nice LULL 844B from 1989. The ones sold in Sweden had a different and higher cockpit, so the machine looks a bit different to the US ones. I´d be grateful if someone could email me a manual. Many thanks in advance. [email protected]
I don't have that one. It turns out that JLG has posted online all the manuals that I have - free and downloadable - no registration required. I did not see anything there for the 844B, but check it out anyway. Here is the link to the main website. Click on "manuals" and then "lull telehandlers" and see if there is anything there that will help you. Good luck http://www.jlg.com/en
Thanks Joe. That link does not work unfortunately. Nothing happens on the page when I click that "Manual" option. If anybody has a PDF of the manual, please email it to me: [email protected] . Thanks
Manual sent! But....concerning the link: it works fine for me! when you get to the "manuals and literature" option, try to "right click" and "open link in a new window". The service manual for the 644 is actually in the "844" section (the manual combines service instructions for the 644, 844 and 1044). I'm reasonably certain that the all the material that I've been offering (operators, parts and service manuals) is now downloadable and free off the JLG website. Let me know if you have any further needs.
Thank you Joe. That was very kind of you! I also tried to right click on the link, and open it in a new window and that works as well. Great. I found a very interesting illustrated parts manual there. Thanks again.
please send me a copy at [email protected] I have a 844TT-34 late 80's leaks all over any info on parts and pitfalls is appreciated thanks
thanks Joe I followed the link you provided and found the manuals thanks for the help, please ignore the prior e-mail I found your link from the e-mail you sent the guy in Sweden Thanks again for your help
Wondering if this thread is still active, picked up (what I was told is a 1980) Lull 644-TT34 Highlander 2. Has a Perkins engine. Was hoping to find manuals for it. Seems to be in pretty good shape though the main cylinder leaks down so that is my first project. Also ordered a micro-lock for the brakes. Any manual coul be sent to bs_swack @ yahoo dot com Thanks I also have an older Lull with the fork-lift style mast.
I could use a service manual for a Lull 644D-34. hugs, Brandi
I posted the manual on my google site for anyone to download or view. Here is the link. The manuals are in alphabetical order. Scroll down until you see it. Click on it to view it. There will be an option to download to your computer. I hope this manual covers your machine (it may not). https://sites.google.com/site/deerebrown/david-brown-info-ii/other-free-pdf-manuals
Thanks. I have a hard copy of the 644 844 1044 manual and it is way different in the hydraulics than a 644D. Does any other Lull, other than the 644D, have the hydraulic tank incorporated in the frame, instead of a separate reservoir? hugs, Brandi
Brandi, I confess ignorance. Hopefully someone will chime in.
Thank you. hugs, Brandi
They only did that on the 644D. There were issues trying to get all the debris out of the tube after welding, and the oil sloshing around when you brake would make it come out of the breather. That is why it has that weird breather set-up behind the cab. They learned their lesson and never did that again. The 644D is not related to any other Lull models from a design standpoint. ISZ
............and here I thought it was a snorkel. Thanks. I have found out to check fuel and fill on level ground. Don't ask me how I know. hugs, Brandi